A rapidly growing eCommerce startup based in LA is currently seeking their first in-house Lead Software Engineer. The company was founded in 2014 by women and has been growing in sales steadily with a huge influx of new customers over the past calendar year. They are seeking their first full time technical hire to continue building out their public facing eCommerce site (you'll be replacing a technical consultant) and to build out brand new features using Java11.
The ideal candidate for this role will have experience leading small teams of engineers, making decisions about architecture and design, and be involved in hiring at their current company as the plan is to build out a small team underneath this person.
As mentioned, this is a full time position that offers full benefits, paid time off, and other great benefits including 4 months of Maternity and Paternity leave. Please see below for some additional perks and benefits. Required Skills & Experience
Desired Skills & Experience
- At least 6 years of object oriented programming experience
- Java11 (or Java8)
- Customer facing product experience
- Demonstrated leadership acumen
What You Will Be Doing
- Ecommerce industry experience
- 90% Backend Development using Java11
- 10% Frontend Development using Angular
- 80% Hands On
- 20% Management Duties
- Competitive Salary: Up to $165,000/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical, Health, Dental insurance
- 4 months of Maternity/Paternity leave
- Paid time off - generous
- Dog friendly office
- Phone stipend
- Happy hours (post COVID!)
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.