As the e-commerce trends continue to evolve, Transportation Insight has strategically positioned itself in the industry with top talent that boasts strategic involvement in the continued evolution of the small package/parcel and freight marketplace. In addition to our knowledge, we have built out the technology to help companies (shippers) unlock the power of their supply chain.
Transportation Insight is recognized as a premier employer regionally and nationally because of our reputation, workplace culture and growth opportunities. At the core of our culture, team members are motivated to improve our clients, our communities and ourselves every day.JOB PURPOSE
Establish and lead a new quality assurance team in our parcel business unit to include both onshore and offshore testers. Introduce test automation and complete the build out of independent QA environments. Be responsible for QA environments and executing quality test plans for both manual and automated test scripts. Participate as needed in all aspects of the day-to-day operations and support of software quality assurance services. Serve as subject matter expert on testing applications/software for complex applications/systems.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recommend and establish QA best practices and automation tools.
- Assist in interviewing additional team members.
- Coordinate QA environment design and setup with development, infrastructure, and support teams.
- Lead testing parcel applications and systems migrating from SQL 2016 to SQL 2019.
- Perform tests and evaluate/validate test results including integration e2e testing, regression testing, and stress/performance testing.
- Coordinate user acceptance acceptance testing with business users.
- Manage defects and issues identified during testing through resolution.
- Execute tests for functional, integration and regression testing utilizing test scripts, validating results against expected results documented in test plans.
- Participate in reviews of business requirements and detail design documents and define user acceptance criteria for creation of test plans.
- Gain an understanding of business functions, applications, and activities pertinent to the project/request.
- Establishes the technical configuration for testing, including all environmental components, data, automated test scripts and security. Coordinates migrations into the QA environment.
- Uses solid analytical and detail-oriented skills for the development of test strategies/plans, automated test scripts and test cases.
- Reports defects to system developers with specific criteria used to reproduce the defect
- Conducts meetings to go over open defects with key business representatives and system developers.
- Authorizes deployment of new code to production.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- US citizen or US permanent resident
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field with 5 years QA experience
- Experience testing applications on a C#/SQL Server stack
- Experience working with a variety of QA automation tools
- Knowledge of onprem and cloud application architecture
- Proficiency with SQL queries, scripts, views, and stored procedures
- Process automation using a scripting or programming language
- Jira, BitBucket/Git, Confluence
- Agile development methodologies
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong Interpersonal Skills: Verbal, written, teaming and collaborating with business and IT partners
- Self-motivated individual with ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail and orientation toward meticulous work
- Must possess a proven ability to complete detailed assignments accurately in a timely fashion
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
- Ability to understand and act upon verbal and written instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at various levels within the organization and to quickly grasp business requirements and processes
We are an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, veteran, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. In an effort to recruit, develop and retain top talent, we are committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in all personnel practices to ensure equal opportunity for employment, promotion, and training for a more inclusive workforce.