The Wolters Kluwer Global Platform Organization co-creates products and solutions with Wolters Kluwer businesses around the globe to serve professionals in the Legal, Tax, Heath, Finance and Compliance sectors. This wide and growing array of solutions supports business units in building and expanding their online product portfolios. The Global Platform Organization provides global leverage of industry and customer insight, driving technology capabilities for local product innovation.
We have a Lead Sitecore Software Developer opportunity available! We are looking for self-motivated and passionate Senior and Sitecore Developer (certification preferred, but years of experience comparable) to lead a core development team that will deliver our next generation digital sales and marketing (DSM) capabilities across Wolters Kluwer. As part of this initiative we will centralize our global DSM capabilities on a modern, best-in-class platform and leverage this platform to rapidly mature our global DSM capabilities. The role will report into our Global Platforms Organization (GPO) and will work closely with the Corporate Strategy team and marketing leads across the enterprise.
The Lead Sitecore Software Developer position performs the full range of web design, web development, and full stack configuration and support. In this role, you will collaborate with the designers, business users and outside consultants to bring Wolters Kluwer's vision to life within the Sitecore Enterprise CMS.
* Participate in the Sitecore CMS design decisions
* Build reusable code and libraries for future use
* Ensure the technical feasibility of User Interface (UI)/User Experience(UX) designs
* Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability while ensuring application security; adhering to strict performance and security standards and Sitecore best practices
* Ensure delivered solution adhere to strict customization constraints; no more than 20% customization
* Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
* Coordinate development efforts with internal teams and external consultants
* Plans, designs, develop, tests, edits, maintains, and documents look and flow of websites.
* Designs or supervises design of digitized images and graphics to enhance appearance of site.
* Analyze business and user requirements, develop solutions to meet those requirements, and design software solutions to implement the architectures.
* Communicate technical solutions to business and technical staff.
* Interact with business and technical partners to guide the software development process.
* Lead an Agile team of 7 to 10 resources consisting of both onshore and offshore contributors.
* Manage closure of requirements, issues and defect clean up.
* Guide daily developer activities including leading technical planning, development, and delivery for DSM solutions.
* Champion, collaborate, and drive cloud-based application development, deployments, best practices across multiple development projects.
* Work with project managers and management on prioritization, scope definition, cost & effort estimations, and risk/issue resolutions.
* Ensure the team delivers high quality code by actively working/collaborating with development and QA resources on approach for design review, code review, and testing.
* Adhere to existing software development policies and procedures and develop new procedures and standards in software process improvement initiatives.
* Evaluate, recommend, and implement new technologies for software development. Stay abreast of current trends and technologies and introduce them into the Global Platform Organization development process.
* The position is responsible for assisting in the management of the technical delivery for Wolters Kluwer's Digital Sales & Marketing platform and for leading a matrixed team (including staff, consultants, and offshore resources), through the software and cloud services implementation of those solutions.
* 5+ years' experience in web design and programming required
* Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related field, or at least 5+ years of relevant experience.
* Sitecore certification is strongly preferred/ MVP preferred
* Reference current Sitecore projects that are in production today
* Demonstrate high code reuse projects and code design patterns for limiting customizations that prevent upgradability
* Understanding of server-side Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) pre-processing platforms
* Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
* Basic knowledge of image authoring tools.
* Good understanding of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
* Knowledge and experience debugging and maintaining production level code
* Familiarity with Automated build tools, Code Management and Continuous Integration preferred
* Implementation experience with Model View Controller (MVC) design patterns using C# is required.
* Scrum/Agile software development methodologies
* Past experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale web or mobile applications
* Experience with mobile development and/or mobile-first responsive design
Position requires some travel, domestic and international, on a regular basis, comprising no more than 20% of total days worked.
Wolters Kluwer N.V. (AEX: WKL) is a global leader in information services and solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with specialized technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2017 annual revenues of 4.4billion. The company, headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries and employs 19,000 people worldwide. Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices.
For more information about our solutions and organization, visit www.wolterskluwer.com, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Wolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, divisions and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled