TerpSys is an innovative IT solutions provider, a respected community leader, and an all-around great place to work. We promote work-life effectiveness for all of our employees by creating a supportive, flexible, and collaborative work environment. We have a high performance culture, where we treat of employees as individuals, as professionals, as key members of the team, and like family.
TerpSys is seeking an enthusiastic individual to join our team as a Lead Software Tester. This role is responsible for leading a team of testers, and the coordination, creation, execution, and maintenance of test cases to ensure software quality and make continuous improvements to maximize testing coverage and reduce testing cycle time.Responsibilities
- Lead functional, integration, regression, user interface and data testing activities of several testers on large enterprise scale application.
- Participate in review sessions of business requirements. Collaborate with team members and contribute to design discussions.
- Review requirements documentation and user interface design documentation to ensure accuracy, completeness, and testability.
- Design and create functional and regression test cases and scripts to address business and technical use cases. Apply test methodology and product knowledge in the design of tests and testing strategies.
- Ensure test designs and documentation support all applicable client, agency and/or industry standards.
- Contribute to software program documentation.
- Provide constructive and active communication with team members, gathering and sharing knowledge.
- Provide excellent customer service through clear, concise and pro-active communications with clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Experience/ Qualifications/Certifications
- US Citizenship required.
- Note: Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must successfully meet eligibility requirements related to the clearance process.
- 5+ years of professional experience in a software / application development environment.
- Ability to lead a testing team, and establish testing processes for large enterprise applications.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies.
- Professional experience developing well-written test scripts manual and automated.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze requirements and ensure completeness and testability efficiently and effectively.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills,
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
TerpSys is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Experience with testing solutions built on Microsoft SharePoint platform.
- Experience using Microsoft Team Foundation Server and Microsoft Test Manager.
- Experience with Automated Software Testing Tools like Selenium or Ranorex.
- Experience working with SQL Server and writing SQL queries.
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum process.
- Track record of working directly with clients and other project stakeholders.