Data Systems Analysts, Inc. is searching for a Lead Software Developer. This position is contingent upon award. The Lead Software Developer duties include but are not limited to the following:
Required Skills and Experience:
- Provides functional and empirical analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of software systems, including, but not limited to application software, utility software, development software, and diagnostic software.
- Participates in the development of test strategies, devices, and systems. Have the technical background and skills to perform in all phases of software design, development, documentation, and implementation.
- Ability to design and develop with of advanced networking techniques.
- Lead the overall development efforts for a complex software development program in a cloud environment.
- Able to write code, able to supervise a team of developers to get all the software development done.
- Able to weigh alternatives and make technical recommendations.
- Able to work closely with a Solution Architect and other lead technical staff members to implement the solution.
- Good communication skills with both clients and staff members.
- Able to write and speak well.
- Able to manage customer expectations, and supervise implementation progress. Familiar with current or modern tools and software packages.
- Able to earn the respect of a bright fast moving team, meet customer needs, and be held accountable for technical outcomes.
- Able to work with a Lead Test Engineer to ensure the system works as designed.
- Able to write and review technical documentation of all kinds.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant hands-on experience including object oriented analysis, design, and development of web-based applications.
- At least 5 years' experience leading teams of three or more developers, on complex application work.
- At least 5 years' experience developing, deploying, and debugging cloud-based applications.
- At least 5 years of relevant hands-on experience developing in an agile environment.
- Experience leading development in a cloud environment.
- Experience working on systems that required two years or longer building and delivering to production.
- Experience successfully developing systems to import and manage millions of records/data from an on premise system and importing data into a cloud hosted system.
- Experience designing and developing cloud-based services (micro services, etc.) and Application Programming Interfaces (API) for cloud service orchestration.
- Experience with case management and workflow management systems, e.g., Alfresco.
- Experience interacting successfully with senior leaders within an organization.
- Strong oral and communication skills. Ability to speak, read, and write fluent English. Able to write well and explain complex technical subject matter.
- Ability to work harmoniously alongside other senior technical staff members. Ability to supervise junior technical staff members, and encourage their growth and successes.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Experience in FIOA process, review and redaction tools.
- JAVA and/or AWS cloud Solution Architect certification.
- Other cloud vendor certification.
- Agile related Certification.
This position may be located at the NARA location 8601 Adelphi Road, College Park, MD or at our DSA McLean VA Office. MUST HAVE ELIGIBILITY TO OBTAIN PUBLIC TRUST CLEARANCE ; this will be verified prior to interview. Therefore, only US Citizens can be considered for this position.Founded in 1963, Data Systems Analysts, Inc. (DSA) has been providing Defense and Federal Government customers' business-driven Information Technology and consulting solutions and services for more than 50 years. DSA's people excel in helping our customers achieve sensitive, mission-critical business goals and objectives. DSA is a 100 percent employee-owned company: every employee has a stake in the success of our company and our customers. Our culture embraces training and development opportunities that include leadership programs, employee networks, continued education, and much more. We recognize that building expertise in your profession benefits everyone, and our leadership training programs help employees better manage their projects, inspire coworkers and customers to action, and reinforce DSA's guiding principles since 1963.We also value the unique combination of skills, abilities, aspirations, and backgrounds of every individual our diversity makes us stronger. We are 100 percent employee-owned through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).DSA employees receive customizable benefits that are highly competitive in each local market that include a Vanguard 401K.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and 10 years of relevant experience
DSA provides equal employment opportunity for employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status; race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth or related condition, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected status.
DSA will provide necessary reasonable accommodation to ensure that an individual with a disability who is not able to fully utilize DSA's online job application system is provided with equal opportunity to apply and be considered for all jobs. If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please email HR @dsainc.com
or call 1-877-422-4372.