6325 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, GA, USADivision:
Cox AutomotiveJob Level:
Day JobRequisition Number:
Cox Automotive, a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is seeking a Lead Solution Architect to join our team in Atlanta, GA.
The Solution Architect is responsible for architecting and designing comprehensive solutions that meet functional requirements in support of a given initiative. The Solution Architect plays a role in establishing architectural vision and direction, architects solutions, provides advice and guidance, monitors emerging technologies, and assists in software and service procurements.
Cox Enterprises is a family-run operation that began nearly 120 years ago. As part of this great family business, we treat our team members and clients like they're just that - family. This atmosphere has been instrumental to our success and has shaped our willingness to fuel epic innovation, drive unprecedented growth and deliver the mind-blowing, needle-moving, connected experience we promise.
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars. Come join the transformation! Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions: Architecture Vision and Direction
Solution Architecture Development
- Contributes to the technology strategy by identifying, assessing and recommending external trends in technology, technology solutions and methodologies.
- Exercises solution design leadership on initiatives, driving alignment to target architecture and design standards.
- Facilitates architecture reviews, ensuring adherence to architectural standards, and consistency across organizational and design boundaries.
Advice & Guidance
- Creates solution options and solution architecture, adhering to architectural standards and the technology roadmap, and minimizing technical debt.
- Designs solutions that involve complex, multi-system integration, possibly across BUs or domains.
- Drives alignment between Enterprise Architecture, Technical Architecture and business needs.
- Participates in application rationalization and the development of application architecture roadmaps.
- Identifies applications and platforms impacted by the solution, the need for new platforms, and drives platform selection.
- Contributes to backlog of development team.
- Facilitates large groups of diverse stakeholders to obtain consensus on target solution.
Emerging Technology Monitoring
- Provides guidance and oversight, ensures the viability of proposed solutions and provides direction on the appropriate approach to the solution throughout the project.
- Communicates solution architecture to stakeholders and other technologists.
- Performs due diligence during potential mergers and acquisitions.
- Evaluates emerging technologies and the evolution of current technologies to define a future vision roadmap for optimal application of technology to meet business needs.
- Conducts Proof of Concept for feasibility studies.
Qualifications: Required Experience (minimum):
- Involved in vendor selection processes and management throughout the project lifecycle.
What We Look For (preferred):
- BA/BS Degree in related field and 7 years of related experience or MS Degree with 5 years of related experience or a Ph.D. with 2 years of related experience or 11 years of related experience.
- 8 - 10 years of working experience designing, developing, and delivering technology solutions
- Working experience in delivering solutions
- Working experience architecting complex, multi-system solutions
- Working experience developing architecture principles and standards
- AWS Solution Architect Certification
- Experience with use of API's and other modern technologies to help build integrated distributed apps
- Experience with the use, deployment and ongoing maintenance of an Enterprise Architecture model using commercial modeling products
- Experience with enterprise portal frameworks, enterprise search, enterprise content management and collaboration technologies
- Consulting experience
- Experience with building cloud applications (Born in the cloud preferred)
So, are you ready to challenge today and transform tomorrow? Apply now.
Who We Are About Cox Automotive
There's nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto. About Cox
We are the Cox family of businesses. We've been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We're also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We're looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you'll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.