Who we are:
The Association of American Medical Colleges is a not-for-profit association dedicated to transforming health care by supporting the entire spectrum of medical education, medical research, and patient care conducted by our member institutions. We are dedicated to the communities we serve and steadfast in our goal to improve the health of all. The AAMC strives to make a positive impact not only in your career, but in your life. We offer a comprehensive benefits package which features:
- Significant employer 403(b) contribution
- Public transportation subsidy
- Generous paid time off program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness program that includes: discounted gym membership, onsite yoga and sponsored sports team
The Learning Design and Strategy Lead will join the Holistic Review team at the AAMC to manage the design, development, implementation and evaluation of learning and engagement efforts, both face-to-face and virtually. The Holistic Review team works with medical schools across the country to promote a flexible, individualized way for schools to consider an applicant-s capabilities, that provides balanced consideration to experiences, attributes, and academic metrics.
The Lead Specialist will work closely with subject matter experts, colleagues, and constituents (the medical school admissions community) to develop new learning materials pertaining to holistic review in the admissions or other selection processes and modify existing instructional materials to leverage multimedia and emerging technologies. Additionally, the lead learning strategist will lead the development of strategic roadmap for new initiatives and directions and, in collaboration with the holistic review team, develop systems and processes for the delivery and management of holistic review learning offerings and products. S/he will also provide consultation to colleagues regarding learner-centered instructional strategies.
How will you make an impact?
Direct the design, development, production, implementation, delivery and maintenance of both formal and informal Advancing Holistic Review learning and engagement assets ensuring they are meaningful, memorable, motivating, and measurable and that lead to process/performance improvement and positive organizational change.
Provide content expertise and technical guidance to contextualize and support the appropriate translation of the AAMC Holistic Admissions Framework to other applications, e.g., faculty recruitment, selection, and promotion, residency selection, and other health professions education and practice spheres.
Maintain a catalogue of current offering descriptions and corresponding library of materials needed for their delivery.
Provide thought leadership on how and where to integrate relevant principles from disciplines of organizational effectiveness, performance management, talent management, change management, and strategic and action planning into AHR learning and engagement offerings.
Collaborate with internal and external partners to guide the routine tailoring of learning content and delivery strategies, to maximize and scale the experience to optimize learning outcomes and performance impact
Direct and lead development of strategic roadmap for new initiatives and directions, ensuring alignment with overall team, unit, cluster and organizational goals and objectives.
Provide consultation to colleagues regarding learner-centered instructional strategies to optimize externally-facing materials.
What you'll bring to the role:
* Bachelor's degree plus 8 years or relevant experience, or Master's degree and 6 years of experience. Preferred areas of study include Organizational Development, Adult Learning/Education, Instructional Design, or related area of study, or equivalent experience in training and development.
* Excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models.
* Visual design skills and ability to storyboard.
* Basic knowledge of streaming audio and video, file types and formats, and experience with online conference software.
* Knowledge of the development, use and deployment of digital media.
* Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of project management, including experience in organizing, planning and executing projects from envisioning through implementation, involving diverse stakeholders.
* Knowledge of higher education admissions, medical education, and diversity and inclusion preferred but not required
If a bachelor-s degree is required, related work experience may be substituted in some positions. One year of college course work at an accredited institution is equivalent to one year of related work experience.
The Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative-- Action Employer. The AAMC is committed to the policy of an equal employment opportunity in recruitment, hiring, career advancement, and all other personnel practices. The AAMC will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, disability, past or current military service, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Please attach a resume as part of the application process. It is important that files DO NOT include periods ( . ) within the file name.
BROWSER REQUIREMENTS: Applications must be submitted using Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer v.10 or higher.