FEI is a leading IT company specializing in Federal and Local Government data system solutions. For the past decade we have maintained a leading position in providing programming and consulting services in our primary areas of expertise- Behavioral Health Data Systems, and Clinical Trials Software Solutions for institutional systems of care.
At FEI Systems, we recognize that our employees are an important part of our success. We promote a team environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve professional and personal success. Currently FEI is looking for highly skilled, self-motivated and creative individuals to join our talented team of experts. FEI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in growing and promoting a diverse work force. Our employee compensation and benefits package is competitive within the industry and is designed to help employees meet varying needs throughout their careers and lives. If you're looking for a rewarding work environment that will challenge your mind and expand your horizons, then joining the FEI team may be right for you.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Performing data collection, analysis, interpretation.
• Developing rules and methodologies for data collection and analysis.
• Ensuring the integrity of project data, including data extraction, storage, manipulation, processing and analysis.
• Preparing accurate reports that reflect the results of the data analysis.
• Coordinating with team members and technical experts to design and develop statistical analyses methodologies.
• Coordinating with team members to develop metrics to provide examples of uses of the data.
• Knowledge and background in creating analytic models and conducting evaluations of healthcare interventions and/or policies.
• Background in and responsible for proposing and designing healthcare program analyses that provide value to state agencies and programs, as well as their beneficiaries.
• Knowledgeable about SAMHSA grant reporting, state behavioral health programs, policies, and processes.
• Able to design and manage sound analytic processes in order to consistently produce contextually accurate analytic results in a team environment.
• Experienced in working with large, complex healthcare data sets such as claims data or encounter data.
• Familiar with approaches and challenges to integrating healthcare data from multiple sources for analysis.
• Solid understanding of analytic scope, levels of effort, and resources required for proposed analyses.
• Create data extracts for analysis and develop statistical reports for the purposes of evaluating the impact of clinical and quality initiatives.
• Excellent written communication skills. Able to produce and critically review high-quality, strategically developed, accurate, and polished documentation.
• Documents complex problems in a clear and concise manner and develops innovative approaches.
• Seeks out, learns, and shares information on literature and publicly available data sources to enhance and contextualize analyses.
• Conducts literature reviews, as needed, to benchmark results and inform project development.
• Must be able to articulate medical terminology and explain it in common terms.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels, including with analysts, technical staff, management, and customers.
• Research, develop interview questions, and conducts interviews with state customers (both in person and in writing) to assess the current, interim, and future states of their data analysis efforts.
• Define and utilize statistical methods to solve behavioral health related issues
• Compare and analyze data to identify patterns, relationships and problems
Required Skills and Experience:
• Proficiency with SAS
• Master's degree in a related field required (statistics, public health, epidemiology, health services, health informatics, etc.), plus 5 years of experience, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, and work experience.
• Experience analyzing healthcare data
• Experience with building and documenting complex queries
• Excellent attention to detail
• Experience with data mining
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Able to work within tight deadlines and be adept at balancing shifting priorities and time management
• Strong customer and business focus; experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
• Ability to speak clearly and confidently when presenting to clients over the phone or in person
• Strong oral and written communications skills, the ability to work both independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment, and be well organized and efficient with excellent judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
• Ability to travel, as needed
• SharePoint, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel experience preferred
• Technical writing experience is a plus
Location: Columbia, MD, Full time position with full company benefits
NOTICE: EO/AA/VEVRAA/Disabled Employer - Federal Contractor. FEI Systems participates in E-Verify, a federal program that enables employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States by providing the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For more information on E-Verify, please contact DHS at (888) 464-4218.
Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, disability, or genetic information, except where it relates to a bona fide occupational qualification or requirement. FEI Systems creates an Affirmative Action Plan on an annual basis. Pursuant to federal law, the portions of FEI Systems' Affirmative Action Program that relate to Section 503 (Persons with Disabilities) and/or Section 4212 (Protected Veterans), are available for inspection upon request by applicants and employees during FEI Systems' normal business hours.