**If you are interested in applying, please email your resume to Alex Prisinzano at **
Apex Systems is looking for a lead systems administrator to help with the operational support of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) wintel team.
Task and responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to the following:
• Task and monitor five to six experienced system administrators of various skill sets
• Monitor ticket queue to ensure tickets are being assigned and addressed
• Responsible for escalations to management for any SEV1 issues
• Administer, run, and maintain clients Windows server infrastructure in production
• Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures; contribute to and maintain system standards, policies, and procedures
• Maintains system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, performance tuning, troubleshooting system hardware, software, and operating system issues
• Ensure correct installation, configuration, use, and maintenance of our windows server infrastructure
• Install new/rebuild existing servers and configuration hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standard and project/operational requirements.
• Research, identify, and recommend automated approaches for system administration tasks where possible.
• Create and Maintain SOP's and train junior staff
• Self-starter; able to manage multiple tasks efficiently for on-time delivery
• Self-motivated; proactive; a team player; and determined
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills and experience communicating with technical and non-technical audiences
• Exceed expected quality of service on maintenance & deployment of upgrades, enhancements and modifications to systems
• Work ticket queues and document resolutions completely and accurately
• Follow best practices to adhere to enterprise architecture.
• Strong ability to install, troubleshoot and deliver COTS and custom apps to end users using server infrastructure.
• Demonstrated ability to work with application owners to formulate, troubleshoot and document application installations
To qualify, you must meet these basic qualifications:
- Must have six plus years Windows server administration experience
- PowerShell scripting expertise
- Experience with IIS web-services and SQL Server
- Experience working with application vendors
- Hands on experience to troubleshoot hardware issues with HP and Dell servers
- Strong working knowledge of Windows AD, GPO, and Server OS
- Understanding of server architectures, hardware, RAID
- Knowledge of HA computing and networking. (eg. Microsoft Clustering, load balancing, TCP/IP, DNS)
- Understanding of application & OS security, including virus scan management and patching
- Able to analyze alerts from various monitoring tools and take appropriate actions during troubleshooting
- Must have demonstrated a high level of problem analysis and resolution skills
Desired skills: BS or equivalent + 5 yrs related experience, or MS + 3 yrs related experience
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or