Las Vegas, Nevada
Become one of the stars behind the show and become part of the world's most powerful entertainment brands. Our Company has one exciting mission: To entertain the human race.
The Lead Systems Architect (SA) is responsible for the design, development and support (tier three) of all infrastructure system solutions as well as, develops, manages, and maintains server standards and lifecycles. The Lead System Architect ensures system hardware, operating systems, operating systems, reference architecture, and related procedures adhere to organizational values. The Lead Systems Architect is accountable for Linux and Windows systems, on premises and in the cloud, that support MGM Resorts International Global Infrastructure. The Lead Systems Architect will perform research and execution of finding to ensure continual innovation and stability of the environment. All duties are to be performed in accordance with department and MGM Resorts International policies, procedures and legal requirements. At all times, the goals and interests of the department, division and all MGM Resorts International properties (individually and collectively) must be upheld and preserved.
- Design, develop and tier 3 support of all enterprise-level server solutions based on business requirements.
- Design secure, robust, reliable and scalable engineering solutions.
- Analyze business requirements (functional and technical) by conducting information gathering meetings with project managers, business analysts and business stake holders, analyzing information and prioritizing requirements to gain a clear understanding of business needs.
- Provide technical evaluations and consulting support for projects as required by business partners.
- Develop and document operating practices and standards.
- Develop, document, and maintain infrastructure reference architectures.
- Advanced troubleshooting and resolution from a tier 3, SEV 1 and SEV 2 perspective.
- Evaluate and develop MGM Resorts server, datacenter, and cloud technology roadmaps.
- Evaluate and recommend emerging server technologies.
- Manage server standard lifecycles.
- Manage Cloud infrastructure standards
- Develop and maintain effective working relations with IT vendors, stakeholders, and team.
- Assist the Executive Director, Systems Architecture with assignments.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and in the computing field or equivalent education/work experience.
- Previous experience architecting solutions using public cloud providers (AWS or Azure)
- Previous experience in a technical role in a large enterprise environment
- Previous experience Windows Active Directory design and administration.
- Previous experience in roles designing and implementing server and storage enterprise-level systems solutions.
- Previous experience working with server and application virtualization technologies (VMware / Citrix)
- Previous experience Windows Server design and administration.
- Previous experience in Linux (RHEL, CentOS, Suse, etc.) solutions design and administration.
- Previous experience designing and supporting EMC and NetApp related solutions.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate - Windows Server 2016 preferred
- Microsoft Azure Certifications (MCSA / MCSE)
- Red Hat Certified System Engineer preferred.
- Red Hat Certified Architect preferred
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect (Preferred)
- Other platform and system certifications by industry recognized organizations preferred.
- Previous experience in a resort setting.