Position Summary: This senior-level technical position is responsible for the day-to-day administration, support, and constant improvement of the technology infrastructures located at AAMVA data centers. Critical work includes documenting configurations, coordinating the work of vendors, and implementing changes to improve the stability and security of data center systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Candidate is expected to have considerable experience using the following technologies:
- Azure Resource Manager
- Azure IaaS, PaaS offerings and services in Azure Commercial and GovCloud regions
- Communicate in a DevOps environment with your team, managers, business units and stakeholders.
- Embrace and focus on emerging technology and evangelize to the rest of the team
- Understanding of Agile, DevOps and Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Needs to have the ability to develop and contribute in an IaC environment while working seamlessly in a distributed team via collaboration tools
- Must own ability to learn fast, adapt to new technology and keep current with industry certifications
- Knowledge in PowerShell and JSON is highly desirable
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with TCP/IP fundamentals, BGP routing and subnetting
- Familiarity with database backup and recovery (SQL Server and RDS)
Formal Education: Bachelor’s degree. (Technical experience or certifications may be substituted for this requirement.)
Certifications: Azure Certification, Docker
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Experience must include:
- Five years of experience in a computer support environment, including one year of leadership or management of technical projects.
- 2 years of Azure
- Experienced with Microsoft Clustering and Network Load Balancing required.
- Cisco certifications are a plus.
Knowledge must include:
- Intermediate Cisco network technologies.
- Advanced computer networking and security technologies and practices.
- Technologies supporting highly available and high-performing applications.
- Strong foundation in IP networking.
Skills must include:
- Attention to detail sufficient to track licensing and support agreements, as well as to create documentation for technical staff and end users.
- Excellent organizational and communications skills.
- Vendor management.
Abilities must include:
- Managing competing priorities, communicating status among stakeholders, engaging resources as required and independently following tasks through to completion.
- Lifting servers, monitors, and other computing hardware.
- Regularly working outside of standard business hours.
Core Values: As an organization, AAMVA believes core values are critical to individual success and effectiveness. Every individual will exhibit behaviors consistent with the following core values:
Integrity and honesty in every interaction.
Full accountability for individual behaviors.
Customer service that is professional, responsive and positive.
Innovation, collaboration, and creativity in planning and problem solving.
Disclaimer Statement: The preceding job description has been written to reflect management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
AAMVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer—M/F/D/V