Job ID: 2114384 Location:
HUNTSVILLE , AL , US Date Posted:
Engineering and SciencesSubcategory:
Yes, 25 % of the TimeMinimum Clearance Required:
SecretClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
NonePotential for Remote Work:
NoDescription About the Position:
SAIC is hiring a Lead Systems Engineer in Huntsville, AL to work with the program manger to lead the MJAT program. In this role you will be managing the technical requirements for the MJAT Family of Systems (which includes a mix of hardware, software and network components across a family of 5 primary systems), and working with the program manger & deputy program manager on managing projects/timelines for development and fielding of new capabilities. This is a great opportunity for someone with an engineering background who can provide technical oversight, who also enjoys managing projects, and interfacing with the customer and technical teams. About the Program:
The MALET-JSIL Aircrew Trainer (MJAT) is a plug-and-play training capability that converts a current tactical MQ-9 Reaper ground control station (GCS) into a training simulator. The program also supports fully stand alone trainers and training enhancement through the use of linked simulation. This is a government run program through the Joint Systems Integration Lab (JSIL) in Huntsville, AL supporting the US Air Force MQ-9 program office at Wright Patterson AFB. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Manage the technical requirements for the MJAT Family of Systems. This includes a mix of hardware, software and network components across a family of 5 primary systems.
- Work with the program manger and deputy program manager on timelines for development and fielding of new capabilities.
- Work with the program manger to develop budgets and spend plans for new hardware.
- Provide oversight of the change control process and work with production manager on post development engineering.
- Work with US Air Force MQ-9 Program Office on the future architecture of the simulator and ensuring the entire engineering/integration/production staff understand the roadmap and where each project fits.
- A BS or BE degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related scientific discipline.
- 9 Years of Engineering experience, with previous experience as Systems Engineer working the requirements for a multi-disciplinary system.
- Experience interfacing government customers, and interfacing between technical teams.
- Experience reviewing technical documentation and reviewing technical drawings.
- Active Secret Clearance.
- 5 years of government engineering or government contract engineering experience
- 3 years of engineering management experience.
- Experience working within the DOD acquisition framework.
- Prior experience supporting Aviation/flight simulators and/or UAV aviation.
- Previous experience with Agile/SCRUM software development processes. Preferably a Product Owner using Microsoft Team Foundation Server.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.