Resp & Qualifications PURPOSE:
Cloud & Automation Engineering is responsible for the implementation, 24x7 operational support, automation, availability, and performance management of the CareFirst public cloud platforms. The engineering team is also responsible for the on-premise virtualization platforms and virtualization infrastructure. The candidate is required to lead engineering teams and facilitate technical design discussions as well as troubleshooting activities. This candidate is also responsible to work with multi-disciplined IT technical teams to interface and manage infrastructure, automation, and applications in the public cloud with a focus on (but not limited to) AWS and Microsoft Azure. They need to contribute valuably to the evaluation of application and infrastructure cloud readiness, work on cloud migration plan to support on-premise moves/migrations to a cloud service (i.e. IaaS or PaaS) as well as the long-term management of the Cloud infrastructure associated with these applications. The candidate must have a strong and broad foundational IT skillset including support of Azure server virtualization environments, Linux/Windows Operating Systems (in both on-prem and cloud deployments), server configurations (including networking, storage and security principals), Containerization environments (i.e. Tanzu/Kubernetes), automation tools (i.e. Ansible, Terraform). The candidate must also have a strong understanding and working knowledge with critical IT services such as Active Directory/Azure Active Directory, DNS, IaaS, PaaS, Containers, Automation, Azure Marketplace. Responsibilities include working with server teams as well as with other IT teams to collaborate on designing and implementing automation services. This is a highly technical cross-functional role that understands all components of IT infrastructure (network, compute, storage, security, etc.), and knows how to integrate and automate each of the components using automation tools like Ansible/Terraform and being able to integrate these with ServiceNow to build workflows for automated server/system/infrastructure builds/deliveries. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Under the direction of the Manager of Cloud Engineering the incumbent’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the followi
1. Scope Data:
- Designing, implementing and supporting infrastructure used for business mission critical applications including Claims Processing, Enrollment, Financial and Portal websites, and other applications.
- Supporting infrastructure to enable 99.98% availability for all systems, 7x24x365 support.
- Act as Point of Escalation and expert in troubleshooting for on-call and emergency support.
The current public/private current server environments consist of:
- AWS/Azure Tanzu/Kubernetes Implementation
- Azure IaaS Linux/Windows Servers
- 4100+ On-premise Linux/Windows virtual machines (VMware ESXi)
- Active Directory & DNS infrastructure services
- Route 53, EfficientIP, Azure DNS
2. Public Cloud & Virtualization Services Management
- Help to build and maintain a hybrid cloud infrastructure design incorporating the on-premises VMware Platform with large cloud providers such as Amazon Webservices (AWS) and Microsoft Azure.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplined technical teams to manage and monitor applications in large cloud environments.
- Contribute to the evaluation of application cloud readiness while also working on migration plans and long-term management of applications.
- Work with Architecture to design Cloud platforms to support the highest levels availability, performance, security, and agility.
- Implement cost transparency, disaster recovery and business resiliency best practices.
- Implement process and procedures as well as the creation and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) documentation enhancing and standardizing the support of the Cloud Platforms on documented best practices.
- Ensure that each cloud platform complies with well-established policies, standards, licensing agreements and configuration guidelines.
- Administer DNS infrastructure across all CareFirst infrastucture.
- Assist in administering Active Directory for the highest levels of security and availability.
- Understand and apply new technical skills through a combination of research, instructor lead training and self-training.
- Lead the review, design and implementation of new technologies that improve infrastructure or reduce cost.
- Provide excellent customer service to all customers, both internal and external. Exhibit poise and confidence when working with and communicating to our customers and vendors.
- Act as an interface to members of the IT infrastructure team, keeping management and peers informed, and disseminating information as needed. Utilize strong troubleshooting capabilities to diagnose and resolve problems and escalate to next level of support as necessary.
- Work independently and cross functionally with others to resolve problems.
3. Infrastructure Automation
- Design and build out Tanzu and Azure infrastructure as needed
- Use automation tools and scripts to convert daily manual tasks into services.
- i.e. Ansible, Terraform
- Work with ITSM team to integrate cloud and on-premise service catalog and workflows into ServiceNow to support efficient and automated deliveries.
- Implement, manage, troubleshoot converged and hyper-converged hardware solutions using compute, networking, and storage expertise.
- Support cloud (Azure/AWS) builds via ARM Templates and integration with automation tools.
Project and Team Lead Responsibilities
Provide project management over technical aspects of implementing infrastructure projects and major release upgrades for CareFirst’s largest, most complex and critical systems. Including on-premise and cloud based infrastructure services. Responsibilities will include performing the below and overseeing team resources to support the below during project/team oversight:
QUALIFICATIONS: Education Level:
- Properly follow a project life cycle (using Jira and Agile methodologies)
- Develop project/task plans
- Complete all appropriate documentation and notifications to obtain resolution within the established timeframes
- Provide input to the development of corporate IT standards and policies to ensure compatibility and integration throughout the company
- Complete project work within budget constraints if they exist
- Review or manage subcontractors and vendors pertaining to the teams’ services and project
- Stay current in new IT technologies to maintain high level subject matter expertise
- Compose a set of ideas into a clear presentation for leadership to consume. Capable of presenting PowerPoint clearly and confidently.
- Take highly technical concepts and organize it into a PowerPoint presentations when applicable
Bachelor’s Degree Information Technology OR
in lieu of a Bachelor's degree, an additional 4 years of relevant work experience is required in addition to the required work experience.Expeerience
Department Department: Information TechnologyEqual Employment Opportunity
- 8 years proven success overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software systems and applications
- AWS/Azure/Kubernetes/Tanzu certifications
- Must have cross platform enterprise experience across IT (Server, Network, Storage, Security)
- Must be a highly motivated individual with strong analytical, problem solving and multi-tasking skills complimenting a passion for learning/sharing information from and with peers
- Must be able to work 24x7 and an On-Call shift as needed
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of theCompany to provide equal employment opportunities to allqualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careersClosing Date Please apply before: 11.26.2021Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship