Description Job Description:
Leidos is working closely with the U.S. Navy at Naval Surface Warfare Center Carderock Division. The goal of this program is to develop highly sophisticated training systems and tactical decision aids to help Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) operators train for and operate in complex environments against quiet diesel and nuclear submarines.
Leidos is seeking a mid/senior Systems Engineer to support a variety of sophisticated acoustic training and simulation systems within the surface ASW community. This position requires Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.ship and an active DoD Secret security clearance.Job Description:
The selected candidate will support across all systems engineering activities across the lifecycle of each surface Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) trainer. He/she will interface with program management, system and software integration engineers, subject matter experts (SMEs), information assurance engineers, and other project team members in an Agile environment. He/she will be responsible for tailoring and executing established systems engineering practices to ensure the appropriate degree of process on each project. The selected individual will be responsible for communicating with and effectively collaborating with internal technical professionals on a day-to-day basis, and with POCs from customer organizations when necessary.
For each ASW trainer, the candidate will perform systems requirement analysis of one or more systems to include:
Education and Years of Experience:
- Perform trade studies, requirement allocation and interface definitions
- Work with development team to help them understand requirements and implementation
- Work with systems integration and test team for verification and validation of requirements
Required Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's of Science Degree in an Engineering discipline (Electrical, Mechanical, Computer, etc.) or Computer Science and at least (8) years of experience.
- At least eight (8) years of experience designing and developing large software intensive integrated classified systems.
- At least four (4) years systems engineering in developing Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR), or similar, systems
- Must have past experience with, and demonstrate the skills and capabilities to successfully execute the duties and responsibilities of this position
- Must have familiarity with sensor technology and signal processing techniques
- Must possess a solid understanding of systems engineering and development.
- Experience with one or more of the following: software development, requirements analysis and documentation; software integration support; software test procedures/writing test cases; CDRLs
- Must be proficient in working on multiple systems and components simultaneously in various configurations.
- Must be able to effectively plan and prioritize tasking and communicate clearly regarding technical options and trade-offs.
- Must be capable of performing high quality work both independently and with a team, in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
External Referral Bonus:
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- Knowledge of ASW
- Degree and/or formal training in Systems Engineering
- Experience in project management for a software intensive system, preferably across the full life cycle
- Ability to decompose, analyze, and allocate use cases to solution space and architecture
- Ability to develop architecture views
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Knowledge of undersea sensors and acoustic signal processing
- Experience in developing Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) systems
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience in use of Windows and Linux operating systems
- Proficiency in a programming language (Java, C/C++, Python)
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.