3003 Summit Blvd, Atlanta, GA, USADivision:
Cox AutomotiveJob Level:
Day JobRequisition Number:
Cox Automotive, a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is seeking a Lead Technical Architect to join our team in Atlanta GA, Irvine CA, or North Hills NY.
Have you worked on innovative product experiences? Are you looking to change an entire industry by solving key consumer problems and delivering connected client experiences for car dealerships everywhere? We are looking for someone with Automotive retail experience who knows what it takes to make our online digital transaction be as easy as having your groceries delivered to your door.
The Lead Technical Architect would be a part of the Engineering Enablement group, embedding themselves with engineering teams within our organization to help them take advantage of all of the capabilities at their disposal and with the practices and methodologies of mature delivery teams. The Lead Technical Architect will also partner with engineering leadership to develop plans to strengthen and build strong engineering practices within our organization and Cox Automotive.
Cox Enterprises is a family-run operation that began nearly 120 years ago. As part of this great family business, we treat our team members and clients like they're just that - family. This atmosphere has been instrumental to our success and has shaped our willingness to fuel epic innovation, drive unprecedented growth and deliver the mind-blowing, needle-moving, connected experience we promise.
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars. Come join the transformation! Technology We Use:
Qualifications: Required Experience (minimum):
- Recognized as an expert in the company in multiple domain areas in terms of breadth and depth.
- Display high level of critical thinking in bringing success to the organization.
- Lead and develop teams of engineers in key engineering domains.
- Able to articulate key issues and draft action plan and communicate with leadership.
- Facilitate teams in their efforts to develop iterative and practical strategies to challenging technical architecture problems.
- Seek opportunities to highlight technical and architectural opportunities broadly across the organization through facilitating collaboration between team strategies.
- Proactively collaborate and partner with internal stakeholders to deliver business impacting projects
- Aid teams in developing high performance, scalable and secure solutions
- Provide feedback and contributions to solutions from the enterprise to further empower team's capability to deliver.
- Highlight successful trends emerging within teams to socialize and share our collective practices.
What We Look For (preferred):
- 10+ years of work experience in a senior technical role with direct hands-on skill set.
- Relational, Document-based Databases, and other unconventional data stores.
- Strong background with AWS Services and/or cloud teachnologies.
- Strong background in API design patterns including RESTful APIs, GraphQL, messaging-based APIs and other architectural integration patterns.
- Familiarity with networking concepts, particularly in a cloud-based environment.
- Familiarity with security concepts and ability to communicate good security practices in the context of engineering concerns.
- Familiarity and capability to work and adopt unfamiliar languages, frameworks, stacks and other technologies that you may encounter quickly and easily.
- Strong understanding and ability to teach software delivery practices related to the DevOps mindset, Continuous Delivery techniques, and other related ideas and skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Special focus on ability to develop training materials, informative guides and articles, and other educational/tutorial material.
- Ability to drive all phases of development cycle including requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing, rollout, and support
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to work on multiple projects and be flexible to adapt to changing requirements
- Ability to turn high-level requirements into a working system through iterative development
- High energy, confident, ambitious and self-motivated individual.
- Must be an effective communicator
- Engages and mentors other Software Engineers
- Embrace and learn new technologies
So, are you ready to challenge today and transform tomorrow? Apply now.
Who We Are About Cox Automotive
There's nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto. About Cox
We are the Cox family of businesses. We've been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We're also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We're looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you'll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.