3003 Summit Blvd, Atlanta, GA, USADivision:
Cox AutomotiveJob Level:
Yes, 5 % of the TimeSchedule:
Day JobRequisition Number:
208029 Cox Automotive
, is seeking a Lead Technical Architect
to join our Architecture team in Burlington, VT, Atlanta, GA, or Irvine, CA.
Who We Are + What We Do:
Cox Automotive Inc. is transforming the way the world buys, sells, and owns cars. We build industry-leading digital marketing, software, financial, wholesale, and e-commerce solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers, and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide.Job Summary:
The Lead Technical Architect
is responsible for architecting and designing comprehensive solutions that meet non-functional (e.g., performance, security, reliability, and operations) requirements in support of a given initiative. The Lead Technical Architect establishes architectural vision and direction, designs technical solutions, and monitors and evaluates emerging technologies.Your Role:
Architecture Vision and Direction
Technical Architecture Development
- Assists with the development of frameworks, standards, policies, principles, and procedures that guide technology decisions and maximize reuse of technology
- Facilitates technical design reviews, ensuring adherence to architectural standards, and consistency across organizational and design boundaries
- Assists in the identification, analysis, and resolution of technology infrastructure problems
- Mentors engineers on business knowledge, technology, and career guidance
- Creates a culture of knowledge sharing and failing forward, providing opportunities for engineers to learn from each other's successes and challenges
Technology Monitoring & Evaluation
- Develops the logical and technical architecture for project and platform initiatives and collaborates with project teams to realize them
- Evaluates performance, security, reliability, operations, technology, and interoperability requirements and produces high level design deliverables that enable development teams to produce products that are flexible, scalable, and secure
- Communicates technical architectures, relevant technologies, practices, platforms, and products to delivery team and other stakeholders
- Evaluates emerging technologies and the evolution of current technologies to define a future vision roadmap for optimal applications of technology to meet business needs
- Recommends improvements to technology and processes that increase the effectiveness of the team
- Creates proof of concepts to determine the viability of new or different technologies
- Oversees and facilitates the evaluation and selection of hardware and software technology
What We Look For:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science degree or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education of 11 years
- 7+ years of professional experience in full development life cycle and significant experience in delivering full-stack applications in a production environment
- Programming language polyglot; experience with Java, React, C# and Python preferred
- Strong background with AWS services and offerings; experience re-architecting on-premises capabilities on AWS preferred
- Significant experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience with service-oriented architectures and engineering practices strongly desired
- Experience with mission critical business platforms that power a variety of products and capabilities strongly desired
Who We Are About Cox Automotive
There's nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto. About Cox
We are the Cox family of businesses. We've been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We're also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We're looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you'll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.