1 Howard St, Burlington, VT, USADivision:
Cox AutomotiveJob Level:
Day JobRequisition Number:
202000582 Cox Automotive
, is seeking a Lead Technical Architect
to join our Digital Marketing Dealer & Branding Identity release train in Burlington, VT
We know you've got choices as an experienced Technical or Solution Architect, so why work for Cox Automotive? Besides being a privately held company that's been in business over 100 years, Cox Automotive is a respected industry leader. We aren't in "maintenance mode." We're innovating and we know our employees are our most valuable resource!
Do you have a passion for helping to deliver world-class software solutions? Would you like to do this using the newest computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping an organization understand application architectures and integration approaches, architect advanced cloud-based solutions, and launch the build-out of those systems? Are you one of those rare technologists with the communications, consultative, and leadership skills to help guide major projects to success?
If the answer is "Yes" and you meet the qualifications, then the Enterprise Architecture team would like to talk to you!! Job Summary:
You will lead architecture for the Digital Marketing Dealer & Branding Identity Release Train providing leadership and guidance to several Delivery Teams. As a part of the Release Train Leadership Team, the Release Train Architect works with Engineering, Product, and Business leaders to align Agile Delivery Teams to a common technological and architectural vision of the solution under development.
They participate in defining the system and subsystems, validate technology assumptions, and evaluate alternatives through hands on prototyping and discovery. They support solution development through providing, communicating, and evolving the larger technological and architectural view of the solution. They frame solution alternatives in both Technology and Business terms, ensuring that business decisions are not made in isolation of their technology implications, and vice versa.
The right individual would balance product solutioning with technical capabilities and extend broader leadership capabilities to a larger community of software engineers, in order to align everyone to a shared technology direction and strategy.
This role involves tight collaboration with business stakeholders, teams, customers, and third-party stakeholders in defining the technology infrastructure, decomposition into components and subsystems, and the definition of interfaces between subsystems.
While providing a general view on architecture across the Dealer & Branding Identity product portfolio, they enable those who implement value by empowering them to make local decisions in order to provide a faster flow of value and better economics. Your Role:
- Set the Release Train architectural direction, long-term vision, and guiding principles
- Frame technical or architectural alternatives in technical and business terms, clearly articulating both business and technical implications of various options
- Participate in planning, definition, and high-level design of the solution and explore alternatives
- Champion sound architectural solutions and effectively advocate for them at an executive level
- Drive creation, adoption and reuse of enterprise technology assets within the Release Train; identify opportunities to create new reusable technology assets and promote them for use at Delivery Stream, Portfolio or Enterprise level
- Analyze Release Train technical debt and advocate with Product and Engineering for business-appropriate technical debt handling; contribute to Delivery Stream and Portfolio-level technical debt analysis
- Direct Delivery Team Engineers in technology selection and defining subsystems with their interfaces
- Establish critical Nonfunctional Requirements at the Release Train level; participate in the definition of others
- Serve as a technology thought leader
- Identify required Architectural Runway in support of upcoming business Features/ Capabilities, and where necessary work with Product and Engineering counterparts to ensure that it is prioritized and delivered
- Plan and facilitate AWS Well Architected Framework reviews on a periodic basis, with an eye towards continual Release Train improvement
- Work with Product and Engineering release train leaders to determine capacity allocation for architecture runway, technical debt reduction, and other enablement work
- Foster overall quality of engineering deliverables
What We Look For:
- 5+ years' experience in full development life cycle and significant experience in delivering applications and architecture services in a production environment
- 2+ years leadership experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, or related field, OR equivalent work experience
- Prior experience in the implementation of design and architecture processes in an Enterprise Agile environment.
- Prior experience in IT architecture roles in large-scale, complex IT environments
- At ease advocating for technical solutions and enjoy the challenge of influencing others
- Ability to write high-quality blog posts and technical documentation
- Ability to serve as a technology mentor, facilitating the growth of Cox Automotive colleagues
- Ability to manage conflict and maintain productive working relationships
- A solid understanding of the architecture of consumer-scale web solutions, distributed systems integration and cloud computing platforms is strongly desired
- SQL and NoSQL database technologies
- AWS (preferred), Google Cloud Platform, or Azure services and solution architectures
- REST API design and microservice implementation
- Object-oriented design including common patterns
- Domain driven design
- Distributed systems
- Docker, Kubernetes, and other container technologies
- Experience with front end technologies: React, Node.js, HTML, CSS
Who We Are About Cox Automotive
There's nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto. About Cox
We are the Cox family of businesses. We've been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We're also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We're looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you'll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.