This is a direct hire position. Candidates local to SF Bay area need to respond as position requires onsite interview.
The Lead Engineer focuses on handling inbound escalations/inquiries that range from simple ad operations best practices to our platform tech. On top of that, he/she is the face of the Tech-support team towards other departments inside the company.
- Act as a Single Point of Contact for US Customers/Partners (portfolio includes Publishers, Ad Networks, CDNs and trading desks) reporting issues or in need of technical assistance
- Interpret customer needs, assess impact and prioritize accordingly
- Work closely with other groups of the Global Operations department, product and development teams to facilitate case resolution
- Interface with client Business & Technical Account Management teams to understand specific-customer needs, prioritize and propose solutions that will help drive Customer Satisfaction
- Manage the Tech-Support team workload and prioritize internal tasks
- Provide support for customers via ticketing systems, e-mail, phone conferences and live remote sessions when needed
- Manage critical customer escalations and facilitate communication between customers and client engineering teams
- Triage, diagnose, test, and replicate customer reported issues
- Assess and propose improvements to the Tech-Support processes and tools
- Drive knowledge-sharing and expertise gathering between Tech-support teams in different geographical locations
- Passion and enthusiasm: willing to do every day what it takes to get the job done.
- B.A. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business IT, or related discipline
- 3+ years of customer facing technical experience preferably in online advertising
- Proven ability for troubleshooting and problem-solving complex issues
- A combination of operational background and business acumen with proven ability to organize team and prioritize activities
- Ability to work in a diverse global environment, cooperating with multiple teams simultaneously
- Experience with Linux servers, SQL and scripting
- Familiarity with support procedures, ticketing systems and customer portals
- Hands on experience with software deployment and IT/networking operations
- Willingness to travel occasionally to our R&D Labs in Bucharest, Romania.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication (written and verbal) skills.
- International experience