Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.Target Openings
1Job Description Summary
The Travelers Managed Container Services group is seeking a Red Hat OpenShift 4.x (OCP 4.x) and Kubernetes expert to join our team. The Managed Container team will be building new OpenShift 4.x environments as well as working closely with the Lines of Business to develop, implement and transition applications to the new modern Kubernetes platform, OpenShift 4.x.
Broadly, Lead Technology Engineers at Travelers are responsible for the successful design, planning, and deployment of architectures and technologies used with each service delivery organization (SDO), under limited supervision. Lead Technology Engineer works collaboratively with engineers across SDOs to proactively identify ways to improve and optimize the entire environment, through tactical recommendations and strategic plans. Responsible for collaborating with peers to develop comprehensive solutions across enterprise Infrastructure and Cloud Services.
This job is a team lead. Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Designing, developing and implementing Red Hat OpenShift 4.x in multiple locations, including AWS and in Travelers datacenters
- Providing Kubernetes expertise to the team supporting OpenShift 4.x as well as the Lines of Business application development teams
- R&D for new cloud solutions and components
- Integration of cloud solutions with new emerging open standards
- On-going maintenance and support of the new Red Hat OpenShift 4.x platform
- Support efforts to accelerate applications moving to OCP 4.x both on and off premise
- Develops strategic solutions that align with the business objectives and architectural direction of the organization.
- Drives the design and ensures delivery of departmental and corporate programs.
- Leverages infrastructure technology to develop and/or redesign technology solutions.
- Builds, leverages and maintains effective alliances across technical and business community.
- Interacts with customers, vendors, and leadership to achieve effective, strategic, and fiscally responsible results.
- Seen as a technical expert across the organization and the industry.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or its equivalent in work experience, plus five years of experience in Technology required;
- Alternatively, a Master's degree in CS or a related field and three years of work experience in Technology.
- One year of experience as a technical lead required.
- Preferred Certification: Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift 4 Administration
- Nine years of experience in Technology preferred.
- Three years of experience as a technical lead preferred.
- Expert knowledge of infrastructure technologies such as Network, Database, Server, Storage etc. preferred.
Candidates should have expert knowledge of
- Red Hat OpenShift 4.x Platform (OCP 4.x)
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Kubernetes / OCP 4.x Operators
- Go Programming Language
An ideal candidate would also have knowledge or experience with
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Experience running PaaS platforms such as OCP 4.x on 3rd party cloud providers such as AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure is also a plus.
- Development languages like Java, .NET, .NET Core, Node.js, Python etc.
- Pipeline and CI/CD processes
- Web and cloud security models
- Network technologies such as load balancers
- SCM and version control systems
- Messaging systems such as RabbitMQ or RH AMQ
- RHEL and Windows O/S's
- This position requires a candidate to have excellent verbal and written communication skills that can work closely with both technical and management teams across the Enterprise.
- Master level knowledge of one or more of the following technical skills:
- Foundational IT Infrastructure
- Operating Systems
- Knowledge of process discipline and IDLC methodology
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.