Lead UX Designer
Apartments.com is the leading website for marketing rental properties. CoStar Group, the parent company of Apartments.com seeks a Lead UX Designer with financial reporting and payment system experience to lead multiple projects and positively impact the business.
This individual will work in an agile and iterative environment collaborating with Designers, Product Managers, Researchers and Developers in shaping all aspects of cross platform applications.
This will include researching, sketching, prototyping, testing, and delivering final design solutions. You will be part of a fun, dynamic team with startup creativity backed by corporate stability that is changing the way the rental industry works. Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Product Managers and UX Researchers to translate abstract ideas, research findings, analytics data, and business requirements into effective design solutions.
- Articulately present design concepts to teammates and stakeholders.
- Manage multiple concurrent design projects.
- Produce production assets and design specifications for development teams based on approved designs.
- Collaborate with development teams to ensure interface implementation matches design specifications.
- BA/BS in Human Factors, User Interface Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent.
- 7+ years of experience designing for user interaction.
- Online portfolio demonstrating design thinking/process (problem/solution, before/after, research, sitemaps, user-flows, wireframes, prototypes, visual concepts, style guides, design systems).
- Experience conducting user research and testing.
- Proficiency with Sketch and a variety of design tools (including but not limited to Adobe Creative Suite, XD, Webflow, Figma, Proto.io, Principle, Axure, InVision etc.)
- Ability to articulate design thinking through whiteboard sketches to high fidelity prototypes.
- Knowledge of UX best practices for applications and cross-platform devices.
- Knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, JQuery, and how it affects front-end design.
- Knowledge of ADA UI design standards.
Founded in 1987, CoStar Group is the leading provider of commercial real estate information, analytics, and online marketplaces. Our suite of online services enables clients to analyze, interpret and gain unmatched insight on commercial property values, market conditions and current availability. Behind some of the most well-known brands in the industry, CoStar Group includes CoStar, the largest provider of CRE research and real-time data; LoopNet, the most heavily trafficked mobile and online real estate marketplace; Apartments.com, the premier rental home resource for renters, property managers and owners; STR, the leading provider of performance benchmarking and comparative analytics to the hotel industry; BizBuySell, the largest online marketplace for businesses-for-sales; and Lands of America, the leading operator of online marketplaces for rural real estate.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, CoStar Group maintains offices throughout the U.S. and in Europe, Canada, and Asia with a staff of over 4,300 worldwide.WHATS IN IT FOR YOU
Working at CoStar Group means you'll enjoy a culture of collaboration and innovation that attracts the best and brightest across a broad range of disciplines. In addition to generous compensation and performance-based incentives, you'll be supported in both your professional and academic growth with internal training, tuition reimbursement, and an inter-office exchange program.
Our benefits package includes (but is not limited to):
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage: Medical / Vision / Dental / Prescription Drug
- Life, legal, and supplementary insurance
- Commuter and parking benefits
- 401(K) retirement plan with matching contributions
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- On-site fitness center and/or reimbursed fitness center membership costs (location dependent), with yoga studio, Pelotons, personal training, group exercise classes, as well as Segways and bikes available for use during the day
- Complimentary gourmet coffee, tea, hot chocolate, prepared foods, fresh fruit, and other healthy snacks
Be part of a team of professionals enjoying the opportunity to learn, do, and grow in a rewarding atmosphere. But don't just take our word for it -- see why our team chose to work at and stay at CoStar Group: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVbJRnJ2sX0
We welcome all qualified candidates who are currently eligible to work full-time in the United States to apply. However, please note that CoStar is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing