6325 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, GA, USADivision:
Cox AutomotiveJob Level:
Day JobRequisition Number:
VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
The Lead User Experience (UX) Researcher
will play a key role in ensuring that Manheim Digital and Manheim Physical product experiences are intuitive, usable, and desirable. This individual will work closely with the UX Research Manager to establish research methods, processes, and best practices for the UX Research team and will take on high profile research assignments to model process and technique for junior and senior researchers. The Lead UX Researcher will oversee the research planning for a portfolio of products, working with assigned researchers to coordinate efforts and build a shared understanding of clients, pain points, and opportunities.
This role will work with UX leadership and senior company leadership to spread understanding of client goals and needs and to provide guidance in helping Product design and develop effective, easy-to-use digital products for both responsive web and mobile applications. This is a remarkable opportunity for a motivated individual to establish UX practices across major automotive brands.
- Create, model, and enforce research processes and best practices
- Maintain and evolve research artifact templates
- Develop or lead the development of user personas, journey maps, JTBD (Jobs To Be Done) frameworks, and other key research deliverables
- Lead and coordinate research repository efforts for a portfolio of work
- Work with product managers, data analytics, designers, and content strategists to identify user experience research focus areas and develop comprehensive testing plans.
- Estimate, design, execute, and report on research activities using the most appropriate method, including, but not limited to, moderated and unmoderated usability studies, heuristic evaluations, card sorts, task-based analysis, surveys, and contextual inquiries.
- Deliver insights, findings, and design recommendations based on research and usability best practices to colleagues within your working group and across the organization.
- Support the product teams continuous delivery approach with a research structure that fosters and encourages a continuous consumer feedback loop.
- Prioritize and coordinate multiple simultaneous research projects based on business need.
- Review online customer feedback and intercept surveys to identify themes and hot spots where users may be struggling.
- Serve as a thought leader by acting as an expert consultant in reviewing designs, communicating best practices, and championing usability throughout the organization.
- Work with design and development teams to produce prototypes for testing.
- Proactively identify usability improvement opportunities and recommend research methods to understand them better.
- Lead the facilitation, process and deliverables within the user research discipline and mentor other members of the usability team.
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors.
- Maintain strong relationships with other departments, including Marketing and Technology.
- Maintain awareness of current human-computer interaction and usability research, theories, and methodologies.
- Help solve issues for research team members (e.g., research strategy, recruiting, presentation approach, etc.)
- Act as a research ambassador, inviting Product and Engineering partners to client sessions and helping to normalize research as a well-understood foundational design and development task.
- Act as an advisor to the UX leadership team to ensure research has a voice in team strategy and major decisions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- The candidate must have a proven track record of research expertise, strong moderation skills, mentoring, change management, communication, relationship management, and project coordination
- Ability to provide thought leadership and engage with other senior leaders in addressing complex business issues
- Leads by building trust to influence change and develop win-win strategies that deliver results for our clients and our business
- Demonstrated analytical ability in understanding data and making information relevant and actionable across the organization
- Good listener with outstanding interpersonal qualities and a natural, effective consultative style
- Advanced communication skills as a successful storyteller in our business that moves hearts and minds to action
- Subject matter experience in the application of qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Compensation includes a base salary of $98,328 - 137,598. Salary may vary outside of the anticipated range based on factors such as the ultimate location of the position and the selected candidates experience.
- Position is eligible for additional compensation that may include commission (annual, monthly, etc.) and/or an incentive program.
- 7+ years of experience planning and executing usability research activities for both responsive web and native mobile applications.
- Bachelors degree (required)
- Advanced degree in Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Information Design, Cognitive Science, or related field strongly preferred.
- Experience using a variety of usability research tools (e.g., UserTesting, UserZoom, Ethnio, and Morae).
- Strong understanding of current usability research, theories, best practices, and methodologies.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to direct and multi-task effectively under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to deliver concise research summarization.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.Strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with the principles of user-centered design.
- Knowledge of and experience in web user interface design and technology.
- Understanding of project management principles.
- Experience with in-person and remote testing a must.
- Knowledge of Figma and experience creating prototypes for the purpose of testing digital interactive interfaces.
Who We AreAbout Cox Automotive
Theres nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto. About Cox
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.