At CollabraLink, we re committed to providing federal clients with simple and intuitive solutions that increase efficiency and enhance citizen engagement. Using advanced technology, rigorous processes and trusted guidance, we re making government more interactive, productive and secure. We understand that our employees are our greatest asset. Our goal is to create an environment where employees can do important, purposeful work and be rewarded for individual and team success.
CollabraLink is searching for an experienced Lead UX Researcher to join our growing team at CMS in Columbia, MD. A public trust clearance will be required.
- Design, plan & execute user & stakeholder research
- Identify product-level patterns, trends & frameworks
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Transform findings into relevant & impactful artifacts across a variety of formats that can support product collaboration & decision-making
- Coordinate with CollabraLink s product team to synthesize findings into design artifacts
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to refine the customer experience and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Serve as a liaison between business owners, technology teams and support teams
- Participate in ongoing decisions regarding design, data collection, data analysis, methodology, and process improvement
- Build subject matter expertise in Medicaid and CHIP policies and provide input to working groups
- Establishing norms of collaboration and communication within the team and with the customer appropriate for DevOps
- BS or equivalent degree in Psychology, Cognitive Science, Human Factors, HCI, HCD, etc.
- 5+ years industry experience with proven success leading user research projects with demonstrated impact
- Ability to meet ambitious deadlines and deliver high-quality work on schedule, including quickly turning around study plans and reports
- Exceptional behavioral data-collection and analysis skills, (e.g., designing, conducting, and analyzing all kinds of user data)
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills, customer interaction, requirements analysis, presentations, and system design required.
- Ability to pass a background investigation and clear a Public Trust at minimum per contract requirements
- Ability to answer technical questions from customers, writing corresponding technical documentation
- Confident, competitive, thorough, and positive attitude
CollabraLink is a fast growing CMMI-DEV & SVC Maturity Level 3, Small Business professional services firm. Founded in 2003, CollabraLink has long established ourselves as a value-add partner assisting our customers in solving their most difficult problems. We bring expertise across a wide variety of IT and Mission Support services driving significant results for our customers.
We actively practice the philosophy that empowered employees make successful teams. That s why we strive to put employees in positions where they can grow, both personally and professionally. CollabraLink offers a full suite of benefits including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, Flexible Spending Accounts, matching 401K, paid time off, tuition reimbursement plans and much more.
CollabraLink is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.