Description Job Description
SAIC is looking for Lead/Senior VFX artists to join our tight knit team developing extraordinary games and interactive stories for the Army Game Studio.
Destruction, explosions, and weapons effects are not just an accent to our game, but are a star feature. You will work with a team of technical and animation experts tackling the challenge of creating amazing destructive content. Responsibilities
You must be creative, talented, and motivated with AAA experience solving complex particles, physics, and animation scenarios. As the senior VFX artist, you have an aptitude for critical thinking. You are fearless in creativity and you are extremely well-versed in real-time particle systems and creating cutting-edge destructive elements. You are eager to tackle the challenges of the ever changing landscape of VFX and unafraid to seek and create new solutions. You are also a team player who is organized with excellent communication skills. All candidates must have a portfolio/reel to be considered. Blow us away. Qualifications Required
Nice to haves:
- Bachelors or Masters in art, game development, animation or related field.
- 2+ years of experience in a modeling, technical art, or animation role in video game development.
- 3+ years of experience as a VFX artist using particles, physics systems, and rigid/soft body simulation to create explosions, weapons effects, fire, smoke and all manner of destructible assets.
- Mastery of Maya, Unity, and/or Unreal 4
- High efficiency in Houdini, After Effects, and supporting tools
- Ability to communicate effectively with Artists, Designers, and Technical Artists.
- Creatively solve technical and optimization issues that arise.
- Work with art and design leads to make our game more immersive through destruction.
- Ability to assist with other art tasks, including lighting 2d, 3d, modelling, texturing or concept tasks.
- Experience with one or more scripting / programming languages.
- Understanding of real-time physics systems.
- Basic knowledge of rigging, skinning, and key-frame animation.
- Traditional art and animation skills
My SAIC Benefits.