Genuent is hiring a Lead Xamarin Software Engineer for our direct client located in the Houston, TX area. This is a full-time, direct hire position. Qualified candidates should send an updated, Word version of their resume to Cara Mason at
Senior Mobile Application Developer
Direct Hire - Houston, TX 77040
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior Mobile Software Developer is responsible for developing, testing, implementing, maintaining, and releasing mobile applications.
Required Skills and Competencies: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop and maintain release pipelines in Azure DevOps for code releases
- Develop efficient and scalable systems leveraging the right tech at the right time
- The ability to troubleshoot problems in a timely manner is a must
- Release new applications to Apple and Google stores
- Perform thorough unit testing and correct identified defects. Preferably with experience in test-driven development practices and automated unit testing.
- Work with the quality assurance team to review requirements, resolve issues, and to ensure software quality.
- Work closely with colleagues to constantly innovate app functionality and design
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs. Preferably with a focus on simplification, reusability, and maintainability.
- Document technical approach and required input and output specifications to support ongoing development, maintenance, and enhancement of software solutions.
- Create analytics to track application performance and other factors in Azure
- Mentor junior developers
- Remain up to date with the terminology, concepts and best practices for coding mobile apps
- Communicate with users to understand their needs and experiences
- Must work within Agile workflows and concepts.
- Four+ years of experience as a mobile software developer, software engineer, or similar role
- Experience releasing applications to Apple and Google stores required
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- 2+ years of development using Xamarin Forms
- 1 year ReactiveUI preferred
- Knowledge of Prism is a plus
- 1 year experience creating and implementing release pipelines in Azure DevOps
- Experience with Azure DevOps for project management a plus
- Experience in test-driven development practices and automated unit testing is a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Offline Sync for Mobile Devices is a plus
- Experience with RFID technology a plus
- Superior analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude
- Thorough knowledge of Agile development methodologies
- Able and willing to learn new languages and technologies
- Communicate concisely with purpose except during lunch where we would prefer someone who is funny!
- Be able to challenge other people's ideas in a professional way
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team
- Ability to train others
- Good understanding of relational database systems
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse mobile technologies and techniques.