**No C2C or sponsorship available. Only applicants able to work on Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. or USC. Thank you**
Wouldn't you like to work for one of the most prominent, award-winning, chicago-based consulting firms with tons of energy and passion for what they do? Incredible office space, great benefits,and very competitive compensaiton. If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please apply!
The Senior/Lead iOS Developer will be responsible for building and maintaining internal and external facing mobile applications for our clients using native iOS frameworks and tools. In addition to being a strong contributor to the development effort, the Senior/Lead iOS Developer will help mentor and coach more junior developers, as well as be a go-to resource for all their engagements and own the development efforts. This person will work independently with the managed services team of Engineers, Developers, and Technical No-Code consultants to develop and enhance previously developed applications, and problem solve issues within client applications and environments.
This is a role within our Managed Services team, whose goal is to keep client environments and applications running smoothly. This means that the people in this group need to thrive in a fast-paced environment where priorities can shift quickly, be very good at problem-solving, and have outstanding client-management skills. You will be supporting custom
applications/solutions that have been previously delivered to clients, helping them further extend and/or maintain functionality to accommodate their ever-changing business requirements and processes. In this role, you will switch context frequently as you will be working on multiple projects at different stages of the project lifecycle simultaneously. It is important that the applicant have a strong background in developing and supporting fluid, responsive, maintainable, high-quality iOS applications using the native iOS frameworks.
- Develop features in native iOS applications based on feature specifications and technical designs
- Contribute to creating feature specifications and technical design schematics
- Troubleshoot, support, and build upon pre-existing technology solutions within existing architecture/patterns
- Contribute to requirements gathering and analysis activities such as storyboarding, developing use cases, and creating functional requirements specifications
- Create and build out database models, then surface data to user interfaces by using object oriented techniques, often using object-to-relational mappers
- Create user interfaces XIBs, Storyboards, or through code
- Take responsibility for feature-focused unit and system testing (built both by you and others).
- Contribute to facilitating acceptance testing procedures and monitoring results
- Participate in code reviews.
- Maintain issues in ticketing queue for the project.
- Mentor and coach junior team members.
- Provide estimates for assigned items as well as assist with scoping of larger enhancement requests.
- Contribute to our company and 3rd party open source projects
- Champion sustainability and maintainability coding practices internally
Skills and Abilities
- 4 6 years of relevant development experience
- Deep hands-on knowledge of native iOS frameworks (UIKit, CoreAnimation, etc), Xcode, Instruments, TestFlight, Objective-C, and Swift
- Experience submitting apps to the App Store
- Candidate should be a self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team-player and exhibit exceptional relationship management skills
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP) and computer science foundations.
- Experience with source control, work item tracking, and build management with Team Foundation Server (or similar)
- Experience with CoreData, Realm or other data persistence framework
- Motivation with an emphasis on customer satisfaction and quality.
- Passion for problem solving and working closely with clients
- Passion for not only fixing surface issues, but uncovering the underlying technical/structural problems
- Ability to multi-task across multiple different projects simultaneously, with context-switching occurring frequently
- Strong time-management skills, providing solutions that meet clients needs within their time and budget constraints
- Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills.
- Knowledge of sound business practices and a proven track record of anticipating and exceeding customer expectations
Nice to Have:
- Prior consulting experience is highly preferred
- Previous experience with estimating non-trivial tasks for oneself and others
- Prior experience as a team lead in a small (2-3 developers) team.
- Familiarity with any of the following applications
- Prior experience with enterprise distributed apps
- Prior experience developing native Android applications