Founded in 1866, The Sherwin-Williams Company is a global leader in the manufacture, development, distribution, and sale of paints, coatings and related products to professional, industrial, commercial, and retail customers. The company manufactures products under well-known brands such as Sherwin-Williams®, Valspar®, HGTV HOME® by Sherwin-Williams, Dutch Boy®, Krylon®, Minwax®, Thompson’s® Water Seal®, Cabot® and many more. Sherwin-Williams® branded products are sold exclusively through a chain of more than 4,100 company-operated stores and facilities, while the company’s other brands are sold through leading mass merchandisers, home centers, independent paint dealers, hardware stores, automotive retailers, and industrial distributors. The company supplies a broad range of highly-engineered industrial and OEM coatings for wood and general industrial, coil, packaging, protective and marine, and transportation applications worldwide. Our 60,000 employees are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to find a career that takes you places.
As a Lead iOS developer, you’ll collaborate with internal teams to develop functional mobile applications, while working in a fast-paced environment. You may eventually be responsible for overseeing a team iOS and Android developers. This role will be primarily hands on application development, but may also include strategy, mentoring and training. This role will be responsible for the daily maintenance and delivery of mobile applications.
Strategy & Planning
• Ability to perform in a team environment
• Liaise with Product development team to plan new features, gather requirements and suggest solutions.
• Acquire and interpret business requirements, creates a functional specification, and determines the most efficient/appropriate technologies.
• Research and implement new interface development techniques.
• Submit and review technical and process improvement recommendations as a member of the technical leadership team.
• Support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support)
• Ability to work with new technologies while showing drive, versatility, adaptability, and creative thinking.
• Establish development best practices and growth of mobile applications standards.
• Help foster a culture of innovation and out-of-the box thinking.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Perform analysis of business models, logical specifications, and/or customer requirements to design and build Internet solutions utilizing multiple technologies.
• Estimate hours for project tasks.
• Schedule and lead brainstorming activities surrounding interface functionality.
• Lead in building Information Architecture diagrams.
• Perform complex programming assignments requiring an advanced aptitude of established programming standards, methods, and best practices.
• Communicate effectively by using natural language and by writing clear and concise code.
• Mitigate significant risks associated with projects, which have a high technical complexity and/or involve significant challenges to the business.
• Write unit tests.
• Manage and prioritize workload between project and maintenance tasks.
• Maintain and modify mobile applications; make approved changes by amending application documentation, developing detailed programming logic, and coding changes.
• Participate proactively in researching, developing and maintaining team standards, documentation, tools, and best practices
• Provide support for critical mobile application problems and issues.
• Act as a Subject Matter Expert in the discovery and investigation of critical production problems as required.
• Train and teach other developers.
• Conduct research into new technologies, including tools, components, and frameworks.
• Train and knowledge share with other development teams.
• Mentor and coach developers and/or Professional Apprentices.
• Project and task management and reporting as necessary.
• Make presentations to management, clients, and peer groups as requested.
• Schedule and lead project and communication meetings with clients.
• Provide tier 2, on-call support for critical mobile application problems and issues.
• Analyze performance of mobile apps and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with clients and approval of supervisor.
• Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
• Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
• Provide input to manager on team evolution and growth strategy.
• Minimal travel as required
• Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour workday as required.
Formal Education & Certification
• Bachelor degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
• 8+ years IT experience.
• 3+ years experience in iOS application programming (Focus on Swift, but practical knowledge in Objective-C, xCode) and preferably some experience in Android application programming (Java, Android SDK).
• Created published examples of mobile applications on the Apple App Store and possibly in the Google Play Store.
• Preferred experience with third-party frameworks such as Ionic, NativeScript, Cordova, and ReactJS.
• 2+ years experience in Swift development for iOS mobile applications.
• Experience with automated deployments of mobile apps as well as continuous integration.
• Experience with user experience and rapid prototyping.
• Knowledge of API data feeds, ingestion techniques, data mapping, data modeling, and best practices for object oriented design patterns.
• Highly skilled in the use of git source code control.
• Experience in Device Management.
• Strong working knowledge of beta testing services.
• Experience working as part of an enterprise IT team, interfacing with developers, designers, web engineers, and external agencies or partners.
• Advanced analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Proven ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Ability to translate an idea or need into a completed solution or work product.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age,pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.