Nintendo Technology Development
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch ™ system and the Nintendo 3DS ™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System ™ , Nintendo has sold more than 4.7 billion video games and more than 740 million hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy ™ , Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS ™ family of systems, Super NES ™ , Nintendo 64 ™ , Nintendo GameCube ™ , Wii ™ and Wii U ™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokmon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo Technology Development, based in Redmond, Washington, creates future hardware/software technology and researches North American-based technologies.
We seek a software engineer tocontribute to Nintendo's compiler build tools who is passionate about makinggreat tools and improving productivity for all of Nintendo's softwaredevelopers. Join Nintendo's Developer Experience Team toempower developers around the world to build, debug, profile and improve theperformance of their game and system code.
Youwill be part of the team responsible for providing best-in-class build toolsbased on LLVM (see: https://www.llvm.org/devmtg/2018-10/talk-abstracts.html#talk5
).DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- Contributes to the build tools used by every developer on Nintendo platforms, current and future
- Debug embedded systems with LLDB or GDB
- Develop proficiently in C++ and scripting in Python
- Understand the output of compilers, linkers, object file formats and associated tools (ELF, DWARF, GDB Protocol, LLVM)
- Works with Nintendo's global technical teams on toolchain priorities.
- Up to 10% travel; domestic and international
- 5+ years related experience
- Extensive experience building a production toolchain (LLVM preferred)
- Working knowledge of C++ standards
- Comprehensive knowledge of compiler and linker technologies
- Solid understanding of embedded software/hardware design, application software design and emerging technologies
- Mastery of C and C++
- BS or MS in engineering or related field
- Valid passport
We are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans....valuing diversity...celebrating strengths.