Leadership and Development Manager
12-24 month contract
This is a contract position that usually works with minimum supervision, conferring with superiors on unusual matters. Assignments are broad in nature, requiring originality and ingenuity. This role has considerable latitude for un-reviewed action or decision. This individual conducts a wide range of quality control tests and analysis to ensure that software meets or exceeds specified standards and end-user requirements.
The Learning & Development Manager is responsible for designing, developing, delivering, and maintaining a high level of learning and development training programs that support the organization's strategic goals and objectives. This role will focus on learning needs analysis, the creation of innovative, engaging learning solutions based on identified needs, and evaluation of the learning outcomes from those solutions.
This individual will collaborate with leaders and subject matter experts to create innovative, meaningful, and impactful programs by developing and implementing the technical and non-technical curriculum for the organization's team members across all levels. This person will also play an important role in establishing standards and best practices to help elevate the effectiveness of training experiences in the Information and Communication Services (ICS) department. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct organizational learning needs analysis and lead learning strategies targeted to support organizational goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with leaders, subject matter experts, designers, content developers and/or vendors to develop and maintain technical and non-technical learning paths and curriculum for the department, including on-boarding programs.
- Lead the creation and delivery innovative, effective, and engaging curriculum based on learning paths. Leverage an agile, human-centered approach.
- Identify and provide diligence on vendors for purposes of buy, build, blend decisions regarding learning content.
- Ensure consistency with level-specific competencies.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of learning experiences, both during design and after implementation and report findings to directors.
- Participate in the development of standards of practice for learning experiences and influence adoption of these standards. Strengthen the training discipline across the department.
- Establish relationships within the organization to stay aligned and forecast learning needs and to recommend learning solutions.
- Coordinate and facilitate working and focus groups to assess desired outcomes, determine learning needs, and analyze learning gaps.
- Conduct train-the-trainer sessions.
- Ensure the LMS has created learning resources that are current, impactive, and effective and ensure user engagement.
- Manage special projects.
- Bachelors' Degree in Instructional Design, Adult Learning, Curriculum and Instruction, Education, Training, Organizational Development, or related field or equivalent. Masters' Degree preferred.
- 8 years professional experience in related field.
- Expertise in both Instructional Systems Design (ISD) and Human-Centered Design principles, techniques, approaches, and best practices.
- Successful experience in implementing training and development best practices, programs, and technology to improve human performance.
- Experience as an instructional designer that includes technology-based delivery platforms.
- High ability to function as a consultative partner with senior leaders, colleagues, and potential audiences.
- High level of initiative, creativity, spiritual maturity, leadership, and the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Strong project management skills, from planning through execution
- High level of analytical and creative skills and the ability to understand, simplify and communicate complex ideas.
- Expert trainer, content creator, and evaluator.
- Exceptionally strong written, oral, and presentation communication skills
- Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at - www.consultnet.com