We Don't Just Build The World, We Build Innovative Technology Too.
This is the career you've been waiting for your whole life. Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means working in an innovative, tech-driven and highly collaborative team environment supported by over 58,000 professionals in 60 countries across the globe. Here, you'll get the unique chance to impact some of the world's most iconic brands including STANLEY TOOLS, DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, MAC TOOLS and Black & Decker. Your ideas and solutions have the potential to reach millions of customers as we work together to write the next chapter in our history. Come build with us and take your career to new heights. Who We Are
We're the World's largest tool company. We're industry visionaries. We're solving problems and advancing the manufacturing trade through innovative technology and our Industry 4.0 Initiative. We are committed to ensuring our state-of-the-art "smart factory" products and services provide greater quality to our customers & greater environmental and social value to our planet. We are unique in that we have a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company. Who You Are
You're a curious problem solver who has the ability to bring big ideas to life. You're creative and scrappy but can navigate a large organization with ease. You're agile and adaptable but work with precision to ensure we deliver top-notch customer experiences, always. You also have:
What You'll Do
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or engineering-related discipline
- Demonstrated track record of implementation of lean manufacturing tools and techniques delivering significant business results
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt and or Black Belt preferred
- Minimum 3 years lean manufacturing experience
- Strong, direct project management experience in the design/manufacture of products
- Background in Light Manufacturing or Assembly Operations preferred
- Background in Playbook operations, work instructions, and people training/coaching preferred
- Project prioritization and project management experience required
- Exposure to Industry 4.0 concepts and technologies preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office & Computer Aided Design (CAD), both 2D & 3D
- Experience with SAP or similar ERP System preferred
- Ideal candidate is a self-motivated, with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills - able to interact with all levels of the organization
As a Lean Manufacturing Engineer, you'll be part of our Global Tools & Storage team located in Fort Mill, SC. Stanley Black and Decker's Carolinas Manufacturing Operation is seeking a highly motivated, creative manufacturing problem solver. Continuous improvement is engrained in the culture at SB&D and this role will help us accelerate the transformation of our facility's value chain to deliver best-in-class power tools to our customers at a best-in-class fill rate. Ideal candidates will roll up their sleeves from Day One, spreading new ideas and driving results. Specifically, you'll:
Benefits & Perks
- Manage facility-wide Continuous Improvement (Kaizen) Program to optimize business to best service our customers; including but not limited to:
- Building / managing Kaizen Event Schedule(s)
- Event / project preparation and facilitation
- Operator Training & Engagement
- Spreading lean culture across all levels of the organization on a daily basis
- Develop and maintain process best practices with an intense focus on standard work
- Identifies and recommends improvements
- Provides guidance in preparing details to assist in improving processes
- Identifies the key areas for improving standards and incorporates new techniques to enhance the existing operating standards.
- Involved in preparing the documentation for the improved processes
- Deliver cost reduction projects (inventory, direct/indirect labor, cost per tool, etc.)
- Collect, analyze, summarize, and present process data (OEE) to management team
- Facility layout optimization leveraging lean cell design techniques
- Other duties as assigned
You'll get a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Time Off, including paid vacation, holidays & personal days, and tuition reimbursement. And, of course, discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and products and well as discount programs for many other vendors and partners. What You'll Also Get
- Career Opportunity: Career paths aren't linear here. Being part of our global company with 60+ brands gives you the chance to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learning & Development: Our lifelong learning philosophy means you'll have access to a wealth of state-of-the-art learning resources, including our Lean Academy and online university (where you can get certificates and specializations from renowned colleges and universities).
- Diverse & Inclusive Culture: We pride ourselves on being an awesome place to work. We respect and embrace differences because that's how the best work gets done. You'll find we like to have fun here, too.
- Purpose-Driven Company: You'll help us continue to make positive changes in the local communities where we work and live as well as in the broader world through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
Stanley Black & Decker is one of the world's largest, fastest growing and most dynamic companies.SBD, a Fortune 200 companyis a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.