req198 Job Title:
Legal Secretary Number of Openings:
2 Job Category:
Para-Professional/Support Employment Type:
Regular Full-Time Shift:
Not Required Location:
Alexandria, VA Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists attorneys in handling assigned files and delivering legal services under attorney supervision
- Assists attorneys in effective and efficient resolution of files
- Applies specialized knowledge of legal procedures
- Litigation and/or legal secretarial experience desired
- Accurate typing skills required
- Must be proficient in software technology, tools and case management software
- Knowledge of legal and medical terminology, local and state rules regarding pleadings and pre-trial matters, deadlines and filing requirements
- Drafts routine correspondence, motions, pleadings, and subpoenas
- Provides litigation assistance by coordinating witnesses, schedules, exhibits for trials or hearings, and securing records
May work irregular hours because of workload and nature of the work.
*Personal Injury Litigation Secretary needed who possesses 4 – 7 years of industry knowledge.
*Must have strong working knowledge of and the ability to prepare personal injury documents, including discovery documents and pleadings such as notices, motions, & orders.
*Duties will also include, but are not limited to scheduling, document creation, maintaining attorney calendars, file maintenance, interaction with clients, opposing counsel, vendors and the courts.
*Qualified applicants must possess strong communication and organizational skills. Must also possess initiative and the ability to multi-task in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
*Experience with Legal Files case management system and Hot Docs document assembly software is desirable, but not required.