Overview Our Team Technology Services Group (TSG)
is the technology enabler for our firm. Our services provide a strong, resilient, and stable platform to host business processes while enabling innovation.
We are a global team that provides all infrastructure, end user computing and production support services. Our goal is to provide reliable, resilient, next-generation enterprise technology infrastructure and support that enables BNY Mellon employees to deliver client commitments and business solutions around the world.
As part of TSG, our Technology Production Services
team is dedicated to ensuring that our technology environments are best in class. Our Production Services team runs the systems that keep BNY Mellon running. Their mission is to deliver a full IT service management lifecycle across all run-the-bank applications and infrastructure support with the purpose of providing a controlled, secure, and predictable production environment. The Role
We are seeking a Level 1 Desktop Support Analyst
to join our Technology Service Center.
The Technology Service Center offers an opportunity to become part of a high performing team with a passion for technology, which is always seeking to improve, and where we have -Respect for Our Customers Time.- Our typical daily activities include working closely with a global team where we are the first point of entry into the TSG. We provide support for all IT-related activities and initiatives, including guidance, assistance, coordination, and follow-up on IT reported problem and collaborate with network services, software systems engineering and/or application development in order to restore service and/or identify problems. We offer technology support 24/7 via our OneDesk model using multi-channel options through phone, chat and web-channel support. The support consists of break/fix assistance for all technology issues including password assistance, access issues, basic desktop/application technical issues, and escalation of high priority incidents including server and network escalations. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for diagnosing and resolving technical hardware and software issues, troubleshooting of PC's, printers, telephones, software pushes/ installations, BYOD and software problems.
- Responsible for advising users on appropriate actions by researching solutions using available information resources, such as internal Knowledgebases-, application tools and/or resources, etc.
- Ensure Knowledgebase documents are up to date in regard to the Subject matter
- Responsible for logging all Service Centre inquiries and incidents as required in appropriate support tools and assign unresolved Incidents to appropriate support teams in a timely manner.
- Responsible for Identifying and escalating situations requiring urgent attention and document the voice contact/warm transfer in the Incident
Provides support to all IT-related activities and initiatives using established procedures, including guidance, assistance, coordination and follow-up on straightforward IT problems and ensures resolution. Provides local smart hands capability and maintains management of End user Assets. Provides IT/Desktop support services including frontline subject matter expertise to employees to ensure that all service levels are achieved, local and organisational changes are supported including the provision of established procedures, including guidance, assistance, coordination and follow-up on straightforward IT problems and ensures resolution and smart hands activity. Supports the onboarding and implementation of new products and services and support the end user engagement and education of technology services. Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the organisations tracking of end user assets and responsible for diagnosing and resolving technical hardware and software issues. To understand configuration and functionality of site technology (including any space where technology is consumed) To have basic troubleshooting knowledge to support the primary products and services used by the end user employee base. Working knowledge of diagnosing and resolving technical hardware and software issues, Internet connectivity and Microsoft operating systems and office suite. Contributes to the achievement of team objectives MODIFIED BASED UPON LOCAL REGULATIONS/REQUIREMENTS Bachelor's degree in a related discipline required Typically requires no previous professional experience or 2+ years experience in a Tech Help Desk support capacity; related internship experience is a plusQUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor's degree in a related discipline required Typically requires no previous professional experience or 2+ years experience in a Tech Help Desk support capacity; related internship experience is a plus Required:
- Previous technical desktop support experience, experience with MS Office Suite products (INCLUDING O365) and customer service experience.
- Works with callers and other help desk specialists to resolve normal and unusual information system problems on a daily basis
- Knowledge of PC hardware and software.
- Flexibility in working hours
- Ability to sit the entire work-day viewing a computer monitor
- Team player & ability to multi-task
- Willingness to learn new software applications
- Able to understand urgency and have the ability to prioritize
- Ability to speak clearly and effectively
- Ability to write clearly and effectively