Title: Lidar System Release Engineer
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Description: STG is a Preferred Vendor of a major Automotive Firm in MI. The client is looking for multiple Lidar System Release Engineer. Selected candidate will be expected to work on site in Auburn Hills, MI 100% of the time (remote during Covid)
The Automated Driving Advanced Development team is actively searching for a Lidar Component Development Engineer. This is a system engineering position with a focus on sensors, particularly LIDAR sensors. As the owner of the LIDAR component within the organization’s ecosystem, you will develop and maintain expertise needed for the organization to select, integrate, and launch LIDAR products. You will develop/model sensor functional requirements by working closely with Feature Owners. You will also interact closely with a variety of engineering domains in order to develop the requirements necessary to integrate LIDAR components into the company’s prototype and production vehicles. We are looking for a self-starter with good engineering judgement, a solid background in physics, and the curiosity/motivation to learn as the technology progresses.
- Integrate LIDAR sensors into the organization’s vehicles and electrical architectures
- Develop Functional Requirements based on Use Cases, Scenarios, and Operational Design Domain
- Support the efforts of adjacent teams to integrate LIDAR, for example Software Integration, Networking, Systems Architecture, Body, etc.
- Consolidate requirements from internal customers into one cohesive set of Lidar requirements for each program
- Author documentation that will be used for integration and sourcing of Lidar components (RFI/RFQ, PF, SOWs, etc.)
- Prototype Vehicle Support
- Provide support to internal teams working with Lidar to troubleshoot, root cause, and resolve performance and integration issues
- Data collection and analysis for KPI calculation, issue resolution, benchmarking
- Assist in developing the organizations LIDAR technology roadmap
- Develop and maintain subject matter expertise on Lidar technology and supplier capability
- Competitive benchmarking of Lidar technology
- Provide internal reports and market analysis
- Manage Lidar suppliers and act as main organization technical interface to these suppliers
- Evaluation of technical proposals from LIDAR suppliers.
- Collect information necessary for internal teams to complete engineering analysis
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Strong knowledge of engineering physics, including the equations of motion, electricity and magnetism, and light
- Basic knowledge about the automotive development process.
- Basic knowledge of programming for engineers such as Python or MATLAB
- Basic understanding of statistics
- Basic understanding of Ethernet and CAN networking
- Basic knowledge of Driver Assistance systems, such as:
- Longitudinal control systems (Autonomous Emergency braking and Forward Collision Warning, Adaptive Cruise Control, Intelligent Speed Assistance);
- Lateral control systems (Lane Departure Warning and Lane Keeping Assist, Lane Centering, Blind Spot and Active Blind Spot monitoring);
- Low speed maneuvering systems (Parking assistance, Semi and Full Autonomous Parking Systems, Rear and surround viewing systems);
- Driver monitoring systems.
- Organization and follow-through
- Excellent ability to work in a team and within a complex organization.
- High sense of independence and self-responsibility.
- Good knowledge of English language. Company conducts business in English, including the release of technical documents and meetings with suppliers and Company worldwide organization.
- Education: Master’s degree in Engineering
- Specialized education or research in Optics, RF systems, Electronic Materials, Remote Sensing
- Experience working directly with ADAS/AD Sensors, such as Radar, LIDAR, Camera, and Ultrasonics.
- Experience in authoring system/component level requirements oriented to supplier selection through tenders / competitive bids.
Resume Submittal Instructions: Interested/qualified candidates should email their word formatted resumes to Ms. Rama Narayanan Rama Narayanan and /or contact at 248.712.6731. In the subject line of the email please include: First and Last Name – Lidar System Release Engineer (MI).
Corporate Overview of STG: Established in 1985, Systems Technology Group (STG) is a fast-growing IT consulting and systems integration services firm. STG is a SEI CMMi Level 5 company with expertise in Application Development, Application Management, Web Services (SOA), Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence / Analytics, Wireless Solutions, Legacy migrations and Project Management. STG is proud that clients like Ford Motor Company, Sears Corporation, Chrysler, LLC, Mercedes Benz, United Health, General Motors, State of Texas, State of Michigan, State of Minnesota, State of Georgia, and others trust their IT services needs to STG. STG has offices in North America, Europe and India to service our clients' global IT needs. STG offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including health coverage, vision, dental, life insurance, disability insurance, 401K, paid vacations and paid holidays. For more information about STG, please visit us at www.stgit.com.