Peraton is currently seeking a Line Maintenance Engineering Technician
to support our Hardware Maintenance Depot
department at the NASA White Sands Complex near Las Cruces, NM.
Peraton is the prime contractor for NASA at the White Sands Complex (WSC) near Las Cruces, New Mexico. Operating here are two functionally identical satellite ground terminals: The White Sands Ground Terminal, and the Second TDRSS Ground Terminal. These ground terminals ensure uninterrupted communications between various ground stations, NASA's orbiting fleet of Tracking and Data Relay Satellites (TDRS), customer spacecraft (satellites), and the computer systems that support such spacecraft. WSC serves as an interface for distributing satellite data to control centers and scientists who then use the daily influx of data to expand our ever-growing knowledge of the Earth and the universe.This position will be responsible for:
- Performs routine, non-routine and complex assignments under supervision involving Ground Communications Equipment (GCE) systems related to daily-shift operations and maintenance activities in support of spacecraft operations.
- Experienced with radio communications and digital signal processing systems, telemetry monitor and control systems as well as knowledge of IT network architecture, network protocol standards (TCP, UDP, IP) and computer architecture and operating systems.
- Receives initial instructions, equipment requirements, and advice from supervisor or engineer as needed; performs recurring work independently or in teams; work is reviewed for technical adequacy or conformity with instructions.
- Conducts operational system adjustments, preventive and corrective maintenance actions, and evaluates equipment performance, meticulously documenting all aforementioned actions.
- Identifies and troubleshoots system problems, conducts tests using all types of instruments, analyzes results to restore systems, improve performance, and documents and reports results.
- Complies with operational, maintenance and organizational procedures and policies.
- Adheres to and recommends changes for applicable technical and process documentation.
- Proactively seeks training to achieve all required technical certifications.
- Reports to and advises immediate supervisor on all related operational, technical and personnel matters.
- An Associate of Science degree (or equivalent) in electrical, computer or networks engineering technology and 2 years of related experience.
- 4 years of related experience can be substituted for 2 years of technical training.
- Prior experience with satellite earth station and communications systems, satellite link access technology, antenna systems.
- Work Environment - the working environment includes exposure to cold, noise and shift work.
- Must be able to perform tasks under certain time and resource constraints, in difficult surroundings, or conditions.
- Physical requirements include lifting, climbing, extended sitting or standing, or other physical efforts.
- Security clearance - this position requires the candidate to be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
- An active SECRET security clearance or higher
- Prior experience with NASA.
- At least one IT/IP certification such as Network+, CCENT or CCIE.
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world's leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our 22,000 employees do the can't be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.