Apex is seeking a Senior Linux Systems Administrator with multiple operating system support and troubleshooting experience to contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives. Supports the installation, configuration, and maintenance of the organization's server Unix/Linux operating systems. Installs new software releases and system upgrades. Installs, configures, and maintains all Unix/Linux servers. Schedules installations and upgrades. Monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity. Monitors and fine-tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels. Conducts routine hardware and software audits. Provides recommendations for hardware and system software planning and budgeting. Develops and maintains a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation. Installs patches and resolves software related problems. Analyzes and resolves problems associated with servers, hardware, and software. Troubleshoots networking and operating system problems.
Successful applicants will exemplify ethical principles of uncompromising integrity, respect for others, accountability for decisions and actions, and good citizenship.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• At least 5 years experience with the design, development and support of technology infrastructure.
Extensive experience with:
• RHEL 5, 6, 7
• SLES 11, 12
• EMC SAN
Working experience in:
• IT service management (ITSM)
• Information security management
• IT systems management
• Hardware infrastructure
• Software distribution
• System software infrastructure
• Release management
• Change control
• SAN environment
• OS migrations
• Veritas Storage Foundation
• Veritas Cluster Server
• Veritas Clustered Filesystem
• Oracle RAC
• Agile methodology
• Scripting and Automation using one or more of the following: Perl, Python, Puppet, or Ansible
Desired Experience In:
• Solaris 9, 10, 11
• AIX 7
• Vintella (VAS)
• DevOps operations exposure
• Cloud Implementation exposure in support of proposed DevOps transformation to the next-generation of cloud based hosting architectures.
• Container Technologies (such as Docker or Vagrant) - Play a team role in the future design, automation, and implementation.
• Solutions focused, self-motivated, innovative
• Ability to learn new technologies quickly and efficiently
• Able and willing to take on leadership role
• Networking experience a plus
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or