GDIT seeks a Linux/Unix System Engineer - Mid.
To qualify, you must meet these basic qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5 or more years of experience administrating servers and systems, specializing in Linux/Unix operating systems
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification is required. An equivalent Linux certification may be considered.
The SEC ISS program is a comprehensive IT program charged with operating, managing, and advancing the SEC’s IT infrastructure. Our dynamic program team of IT leaders and large and small business partners is seeking bright, energetic and talented individuals to join us as we bring our innovative IT Service Delivery solutions to SEC. Currently, we are seeking a Linux/Unix System Engineer in Bossier City, LA. The selected candidate must be able to obtain a Public Trust Suitability clearance, per contract requirements.
Task and responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain and manage servers, hardware, and software.
- Perform imaging of servers utilizing common imaging tools
- Perform patching, hardening, and automated deployments
- Perform basic troubleshooting and escalates complex issues to Senior Admins
- Work primarily in a virtualized environment
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.