At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Global Operations Security is seeking a Linux/Windows Administrator to join its dynamic team of technical professionals in the Baltimore/Linthicum, MD area.Essential Functions:
- Perform as a Linux Systems Administrator for a classified government contract.
- Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with internal and external customers, in written and verbal format.
- Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network, software, and system engineers, PC desktop technicians, project managers, end users, and customer and IT management.
- Support multiple networks; ensure necessary administration tasks are completed; direct others as necessary.
- Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
- Provide backup and recovery services; manage file systems and disk space; manage virus protection on a routine basis.
- Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify file permissions and security access lists.
- Test new releases of products to ensure compatibility and minimize user impact.
- Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed.
- Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases.
- Maintain security audit and logging information on all classified networked and standalone computers as directed by the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM).
- Report project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts.
- Work under direction and help to determine and develop approach to solutions.
- Associate's degree and 3 years of experience, or Bachelor's degree and 1 year of experience; a High School diploma or equivalent with 5 years of additional education/experience may be considered in lieu of a completed degree.
- IAM Level I certification (ex: Security+CE) or greater or the ability to obtain certification within 6 months of hire date; maintaining the required certification will be a condition of continued employment.
- Active DoD Secret security clearance; maintaining the required security clearance will be a condition of continued employment.
- Linux and Windows Operating Systems support experience.
- Linux and Windows Workstation and Server management experience.
- DoD 8570 Certification in a primary OS (Windows, Linux, Cisco).
- Understanding of basic networking, including subnets, routing, and VLANs; Cisco experience and/or certification.
- Windows server management experience.
- Windows AD, LDAP, VMWare, and knowledge of SAN storage systems.
- Red Hat certification for current version.
- VMWare experience with current version.
- Knowledge of environmental monitoring tools (HBSS/Solar Winds/Splunk).
- Rudimentary Scripting experience.
- Experience with the creation and deployment of system images in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with Certification & Accreditation process.
$71,500 USD - $107,300 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority
. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.