Linux/Windows Systems Engineer
McLean, VA Security Clearance Requirement:
Current TS/SCI with polygraph Travel Requirement:
This position will support technical and mission requirements that require domestic and international travel.
We are recruiting for a senior level Systems Engineer to support a high visibility position working in support of a federal government program. The Systems Engineer will work as part of a small team providing operations and engineering support through design, development, and execution of networks for Windows and Linux systems. Qualified candidates will have experience supporting dynamic mission-focused environments. Role and responsibilities include:
- Work with a small team administering Windows/Linux systems in operational environments.
- Support the organization's efforts to maintain a repository of network documentation on a shared drive.
- Support configuration and operational maintenance of VMWare and Virtual Box in operational environments.
- Support deploying data and voice networks to conduct phone calls via VoIP and PBXs technologies.
- Maintain working knowledge of industry standards for information security systems and devices and stay abreast of emerging technologies to keep skills relevant.
- Take meeting minutes and draft technical reports to capture interactions with SMEs, stakeholders, and partners, as required.
- Support domestic and international travel up to ten days in duration (estimated 1-2 trip per quarter).
- U.S. citizenship.
- Current TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph required.
- Bachelor's degree in a related technical discipline is preferred and will consider additional years of related experience in lieu of a degree.
- 5+ years of Systems Engineering experience supporting development, deployment, and operations of information security systems and devices.
- Expertise administering Windows and Linux systems.
- Experience designing and deploying data and voice networks.
- Experience securing networks in a dynamic mission-focused work environment.
- Experience deploying mobile solutions in operational environments.
- Prior work experience with a variety of VoIP PBXs and technologies and ability to quickly get up-to-speed.
- Experience supporting low-level hardware for mobile and low-power devices.
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, Perl, etc.)
- Experience working with CISCO and Juniper routers.
- Experience with VMWare and VirtualBox virtualization software.
- Ability to travel up to two trips per quarter that are expected to range from 3-10 days.
- Ability to support surge requirements and technical events to meet mission needs, as required.