Description Job Description:Real World Solutions @ LEIDOS!
Do you want to grow your career and be part of a team solving critical challenges that affect the world? The Leidos Civil Group is leading the way in solving internationally pressing issues, including:
- Aviation - Guiding the world's air traffic, managing 43,000+ flights for 2.5 million passengers per day
- Cyber security - Monitoring advanced threats; managing security services and utility command and control centers
- Energy engineering - Restoring power during hurricane efforts; helping communities achieve significant energy savings
- IT infrastructure modernization - Helping 2+ million citizens recover from identity theft; maintaining global biometrics systems
- Transportation security solutions - Securing U.S. borders with 1200+ radiation and explosive monitors; designing vehicle solutions that save lives, reduce congestion, and boost fuel efficiency
If you desire to be an integral part of a dynamic team of science and technology leaders, then Leidos Civil is the place for you!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's World's Most Ethical Companies .Leidos is looking for a Cloud Administrator
to assist in the following tasks:
Perform day to day operations and maintenance of Windows and Linux servers hosted in a Cloud environment, and associated configuration of the Cloud Service Provider Design, implement and test the creation of system runbooks and playbooks to provide instructions to the operations and maintenance team about how to handle new and emerging IT incidents related to Cloud Services.
Work with team to design and implement best practices Cloud solutions. The role would involve 80% design/technical and 20% support and maintenance.
- Perform day to day operations and maintenance of Cloud based solutions as well as management of Windows and Linux servers
- Design, implement and test the creation of system runbooks and playbooks to provide instructions to the team about how to handle new and emerging IT incidents related to Cloud Services
- Work with team to design and implement best practices Cloud architectures
- Research best practices in Cloud architecture, and document findings for team to help guide decision making
Basic Qualifications (Must have)
- Participate in technical projects; log all activities in a ticket system; document and update records of all work done; respond and fulfill inquires via electronic mail in timely fashion; routes and directs inquiries to appropriate groups within the program
- Provide technical support, execute service requests and answer general how to questions in a IT network environment;
- Perform other Systems Engineering related duties as required.
Desired skills (Preferred but not required)
- BS degree with at least 4 years of prior relevant experience or Master's degree with at least 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Hands-on experience using computer, networking, storage, and database AWS services
- Scripting and automation experience in Bash or Powershell
- Hands-on experience managing Linux-based and Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Understanding of networking concepts (CIDR and subnetting, ports and protocols, VPN, routing)
External Referral Bonus:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for work in a collaborative team environment with a customer service oriented approach
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud
- Hands-on experience with Anti-virus, IPS, and/or patch management solutions
- Hands-on experience managing web applications in IIS or Apache Tomcat
- Understanding of operational best practices, configuration management, and security controls
- AWS Certification (Developer, DevOps Engineer, Solutions Architect, other)
- Experience with log collection and monitoring solutions
- Experience with automation tools such as Chef or Ansible
- Experience with virtualization hosting and hypervisor technologies
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.