Description Job Description:Looking for an opportunity to make an impact? At Leidos
, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers' success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business. Your greatest work is ahead!
DoD ABIS is an information technology system that supports identity superiority by providing the critical capability for warfighters to identify known or suspected terrorists and third country nationals in the course of military operations. DoD ABIS is the authoritative biometrics enterprise system that provides matching, sharing and storing of biometrics data. The capability can receive multi-modal biometrics submissions to include iris, face, palm and fingerprints from biometrics collection devices, which will support the warfighter in making, retain, capture, or release decisions. By providing access and responding to requests the system has a direct impact on the availability of critical intelligence information that is of vital interest to DoD and other government agencies.
Leidos has a current job opening for a Linux (Red Hat) System Administrator in Fairmont, WV
supporting the DOD ABIS Sustainment and Services contract. This program provides operations, maintenance, software sustainment services and hardware procurement services, and associated support for all devices associated with the DoD ABIS system. These services shall focus on supporting the Warfighter needs by sustaining adequate support functions.If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!Leidos Defense Group
provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world's toughest security challenges for customers with "can't fail" missions. To explore and learn more, click here
!Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today! Responsibilities Include:
Responsible for the operations, maintenance and upkeep of the Red Hat Server environment (both physical and virtual.) Responsible for maintaining the appropriate DOD Cyber compliance level as directed by the program Cyber Security Office via patching and configuration using DISA STIGs. For ABIS 1.3.
Responsible for providing technical input and accomplishing development, deployment and configuration tasks involved in the effort to incorporate new capabilities in the ABIS 1.3 system.
Provides technical leadership on major tasks or technology assignments. Establishes goals and plans that meet project objectives. Has domain and expert technical knowledge. Decision making and domain knowledge will have a critical impact on overall project implementation.
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Works with project managers, developers, and end users to ensure application designs meet business requirements.
- Evaluates new and existing software products for monitoring systems.
- Be able to respond to on site system emergency at Clarksburg, WV location.
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Requires a BS Degree and 9+ years of hands on system administration with Linux / Red Hat experience. Additional experience can be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Should be an expert in Linux Tools (RHEL 7/8, Ansible, Satellite, RHV)
- Should be familiar with large scale operational environments (patching, monitoring of CPU's, memory, disk utilization)
- Requires troubleshooting experience
- Ability to respond at all hours to operational requirements
- Ability to work outside normal hours during routine maintenance windows
- Proven ability to access CJIS Campus
- Experience working in AWS i.e. provisioning, starting, stopping instances
- Experience with Red Hat Open Shift
- Experience with DoD DISA STIG and patching process
- DOD 8570 security and operational environment certs or in process to obtain certs within 60 days of start.
- Current DOD / DOJ Secret Clearance