Scope of Work:
This exciting position will offer a qualified candidate the opportunity to be a part of a dedicated Linux Engineering/Operations practice in a corporate IT organization. At the same time, they will partner closely with one of the company s strategic lines of businesses to leverage the public cloud (AWS) for a competitive advantage. The position focuses on ensuring the reliability and maintainability of services that are leveraged as part of the enterprise adoption of public cloud (AWS). A successful candidate will utilize technology to automate solutions and optimize outcomes, never wanting to see the same class of problem twice
The position is requiring an in-depth system administration background on Redhat Linux, AWS cloud computing knowledge, Docker container technology experience. MesoSphere DCOS and Kubernetes knowledge and experience is a plus.
- Design, implement, and maintain RHEL Linux environments
- Design, implement, and maintain orchestration/script for end user deployment of Linux instances (shell, perl, Ansible)
- Configuration management tools like puppet, ansible
- Ability to maintain LAMP Stack
- Design knowledge of containers and Docker
- Implement deployments across various IaaS providers
- Monitoring and Tuning Performance of RHEL Linux
- Understand road maps and work through Backlogs
- Knowledgeable about native and third party AD authentication tools on Linux like Vintela.
- Execute performance tuning activities, develop monitoring processes, and provide performance recommendations for Linux environment
- Support Linux Servers and configurations plus reporting and monitoring
- Interface with and guide application owners and developers to install, develop, and maintain, the application servers
- Establish processes and procedures for application loading and configurations
- Creation of architecture documents, operations process and procedure documents, troubleshooting documents, and run-books
- software installations, updates, and core services
- Contribute to the design, development and execution of system changes
- Provide 7x24x365 support for the company
- Provide support where needed, including diagnostics and tuning
- Late nights and weekend work will be required
- They should also be able to be innovative and flexible to troubleshoot production issues and determine the root causes of issues.
- Leverage enterprise toolsets such as Splunk to search, analyze, visualize, and report on machine generated data to help achieve operational excellence.
- Troubleshoot AWS cloud issues and support AWS cloud native services
- Linux admin experience for RHEL 6 & 7 necessary.
- Software Defined Network (SDN) experience a plus.