Role : Linux Admin with Devops
Location : Atlanta, GA
With a startup spirit and 80,000+ curious and courageous minds, we have the expertise to go deep with the world s biggest brands and we have fun doing it. Now, we re calling all you rule-breakers and risk-takers who see the world differently and are bold enough to reinvent it. Come, transform with us.
The Linux admin must be able to listen to the design and development teams to be able to organize and coordinate between those groups to resolve defects as the come up throughout the development phase. This involves activities such as conducting coordination meetings, providing weekly status to the project for OS level activities, and supporting Project costing and capacity planning. The admin will work closely with the different teams to validate system operability and performance. The admin also works to coordinate and resolve schedule conflicts and collisions of different projects using the same test infrastructure.
- Hands on experience on RHEL version 5.x, 6.x, 7.x.
- Good knowledge on Sun Solaris.
- Virtual machines using RHEL.
- Strong command line Linux OS troubleshooting experience.
- Technically proficient at installing, configuring, and maintaining UNIX/Linux both in a physical and virtual environment.
- Experience in troubleshooting server issues.
- Strong IP troubleshooting experience.
- Must have strong team skills and a customer-support background handling complex hardware and software systems.
- Must have experience with hardware issues on RHEL include disk failures, controller issues, system boards, memory issues, etc. on Dell based hardware.
- Experienced in writing scripts (bash, perl, ruby) to automate system administration functions, Ansible scripting would be plus.
- Strong teamwork and customer support focus.
- Ability to handle numerous conflicting priorities in a professional manner.
- Escalate as required and follow the team escalation Metrix.
- Must have excellent computer and customer service skills, strong verbal communication skills, efficient organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
Graduate with good communication skills
- Candidates with background in the following:
- Expert level knowledge of UNIX/Linux.
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Experience with Linux servers in virtualized environments
- Performance troubleshooting and capacity planning
- Troubleshooting, Installation, maintenance, and tuning of Linux / Unix OS.
- Strong knowledge on server hardware and software
- Prepares installs, and implement Linux / UNIX operating software and associated components
- Experience on User Administration using LDAP
- VMware Administration Virtualization techniques or any other virtualization technology
- Experience on system security, patching and upgradations.
- Strong knowledge of host based SAN migrations and good experience with SAN LUNS scanning and mapping etc.,
- Proficient with LVM and Linux File systems
- Ability to tune kernel/System parameters
- Ability to develop shell scripts as per requirements.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining services such BIND, Sendmail/Postfix, Samba/NFS etc.
- Knowledge on Oracle ASM and SAN Storage
- Working with vendors in problem isolation and resolution.
- Experience/Troubleshooting TCP/IP, Routing, DNS, NFS
- Experience on automation/configuration management tools like Ansible, Puppet
- Working experience on automation (shell scripting/python)
- Very good written and verbal communication skills.
- ITIL knowledge of Service Delivery Processes and Procedures.
Genpact is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Genpact is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation. For more information, visit . Follow us on , , , and .