Metova is seeking a qualified and highly motivated individual for a Senior LINUX Administrator to work within the National Guard Readiness Center in Arlington, VA.
* Responsible for the full range of administration, from building new servers, configuring/reconfiguring servers for performance and troubleshooting user issues.
* Responsible for Linux Operating System patches and upgrades as well as DOD STIG scanning and mitigations.
* Required to manage existing Perl and Kornshell scripts.
* Experienced with management and administration of Red Hat Linux 6.5 or above and a solid understanding of VMware vSphere 6.0 or above and ESXi.
* Perl and Korn scripting experience
* Must have strong troubleshooting skills, good written and verbal communications skills and the ability to communicate technical issues with non-technical people.
* Must be able to document system configurations
* Preferred minimum of 3 years of experience in Linux administration. Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum qualifications may be substituted
* DISA STIG processes
* Experience managing SFTP/FTP servers
* PowerCLI scripting experience
Special Requirements/Security Clearance
* DoD Secret Security clearance
* Position requires some weekend/after-hours work
* May require limited travel.
* Normal demands associated with an office environment.
* Ability to work on a computer for long periods of time.
* Ability to communicate with individuals by telephone, email, and face to face.
Department: Information Technology