Description Job Description:Linux AdministratorLooking for an opportunity to make an impact?
, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers' success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.Your greatest work is ahead!
We are in search of a Linux Administrator
with network experience to support the DoD Mobility Capability (DMCC) program as part of GSM-O II
in Columbus, OH. We seek a candidate with expertise in Windows Active Directory Domain Services, SCCM and WSUS configuration and management to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the DoD's secure mobile device capability service.If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading! Leidos Defense Group
provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world's toughest security challenges for customers with "can't fail" missions. To explore and learn more, click here
The GSM-O II Program
provides network operations and cyber defense support to the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) in support of the DoD and COCOMs . It also includes support to other key tasks for DISA, including the transformation of DISA's operational mission through innovation and support to DISA's mission partners. Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!Responsibilities:
We seek a candidate with experience operating and maintaining Linux OS (Red Hat) and implementing automation tools (Ansible, Puppet) to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the DoD's secure mobile device capability service. In this role, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing technical expertise for daily operations and maintenance of systems.
- Effectively troubleshooting, isolating, and resolving technical problems to minimize system downtime.
- Preparing and maintaining technical documentation, drawings and related artifacts.
- Collaborating with other technical experts to provide engineering solutions for design changes and upgrades.
You will work as part of a Network Operations team responsible for managing an infrastructure comprised of a variety of systems supporting voice and data services. Your experience with operating and maintaining some/all of the following systems is preferred:
- Linux servers ( required )
- Windows servers
- VMware/ESXi virtualization
- Cisco Routers and Switches
- Cisco ASA Firewalls
- Juniper Firewalls
- Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE)
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM)
- F5 BIG-IP Traffic Managers
- Bachelor's degree and 4 years of related experience or Master's degree and 2 years of related experience. Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Active DoD SECRET clearance
- DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 certification (Security+ CE)
- Experience performing system administration tasks (installing, maintaining, monitoring, recovering, rebuilding, upgrading, patching)
- Fluent using Red Hat CLI with solid understanding of Linux kernel on OS initialization
- Experience with maintaining Linux services in virtual systems environment (VMware - vCenter, ESXi)
- Knowledge of Linux scripting languages such as: Python, Perl, or Shell
- Experience configuring and maintaining network devices such as: switches, routers, and firewalls
- Knowledge of networking concepts such as: OSI Model, LAN/WAN, IPv4/IPv6, subnetting and VLANs
- Experience with Windows AD Domain Services, SCCM and WSUS configuration/management
- Certifications with major system vendors such as Red Hat, Microsoft, Cisco and Juniper