USIT is searching for a Linux Administrator to join us as a Full-Time Employee (FTE) with Full Benefits
Work as a member of a team of technologists and support. Perform operational management of a variety of a very large Linux server and technologies environment and be exposed to a variety of new technologies with many opportunities for growth, creativity, and self-management. Be a trusted advisor to the organization in areas of responsibility and assist with client delivery by working across teams to design, implement, and provide operational support for complex technical solutions in a diverse service catalog. Work on areas of impact that include reengineering and maintaining a regimented process for systems maintenance and management, analyzing and managing patch deployment plans and procedures for supported environments, and mapping out and executing migration of on-premise hosted virtual machines to Cloud-hosted instances.
This position requires the ability to conduct occasional after-hours and weekend work.
Due to the nature of work performed within this facility, U.S. citizenship is required.
A U.S. Security Clearance is required. Location of work:
Silver Spring, MD with potential to be Remote from your Home Office Star
t is as soon as possible after clearance is approved.
Project is fully funded.
Linux Administrator with Dockers and NetApps experience.
Additional Qualifications: Nice to haves
- 4+ years of experience with Linux system administration and troubleshooting, nice to have CentOS, Red Hat, or Ubuntu
- Experience with containers and Docker
- Experience with storage platforms and provisioning,- NetApp
- Ability to be a team player capable of coordinating and collaborating across multiple teams and vendors to achieve common goals/ and success in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn, transfer knowledge, and train staff on new technologies
- HS diploma or GED
- Must have a U.S. Clearance.
- Experience with MongoDB, shell scripting, and Python
- Experience with open-source application build and configuration and Cloud-based infrastructure
- Experience with Ansible and RunDeck
- Experience with the Atlassian products and git-based version control systems
- Experience with compiling and presenting technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with industry best practices and tools for LAMP server administration and maintenance
- Experience with deploying and managing systems in VMware
- Experience with running mail servers n Linux
- Experience with database administration, including MySQL and Postgress
We're an EOE that empowers our people-no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic-to fearlessly drive change