DTS is looking for experienced Linux Engineer for a Direct Client position based in Detroit, MI / Charlotte, NC.
No third party C2C allowed. Candidates have to work directly with us on our W-2.
- The Solutions, Integration, Implementation and operations Linux and Solaris Unix Engineer will have responsibilities for some architecture and implementation / operational services of the enterprise including, building (not physical), configuring, tuning, debugging and ongoing operational support. Some HP-UX knowledge would be a plus.
- Knowledge of network external storage (NAS/SAN) and Virtualization necessary. Job Scheduling Patching Application change services Close interaction with o Networking teams o Storage teams o BUR (Back Up Resource) teams Physical build teams o Hosting Architecture teams Recovery Disaster recovery support services Suppliers Database administrator support (to enable DBA’s to function) Proficient in Linux with some Solaris
- Additional Responsibilities: Periodic capacity reporting and projections Scheduled rotational on-call.
- Skill Level and Proficiency Preferred: Linux 6, 7, and 8 expertises and use of Ansible are required for the role. Experience on an Enterprise level supporting, patching, building, and configuring Linux and Solaris servers is a must. Candidate must have experience in a 24x7 support and on call role that includes troubleshooting, diagnostics, and problem resolution for customer facing applications. The candidate must be able to manage all aspects of a Unix/Linux environment and operate with enterprise standards that align to security requirements.
- The position can be filled at 500 Woodward Avenue, Detroit, MI or 440 S. Church Street, Charlotte, NC
- Linux 6, 7, 8, and Solaris 10 and 11. Some HP-UX knowledge would be a plus. Knowledge of network external storage (NAS/SAN) and Virtualization necessary. Strong scripting and Ansible experience are required to successfully perform this role. The qualified candidate should possess strong analytical and communication skills. He/she should have a solid understanding of hardware architecture, high availability and disaster recovery design, fabric topologies, storage and networking protocols and RAID levels Proficiency with UNIX command line and shell scripting Experience with enterprise backup and recovery software suite such as Symantec NetBackup
DTS offers excellent compensation package.
Digital Technology Solutions (DTS)