Genesis10 is seeking a Linux Engineer for a permanent position with a financial services client located in New York, NY.
* Support, implement changes and improve the automation/orchestration system (PXE/puppet/Jenkins)
* Support, implement changes and improve the AWS infrastructure
* Support, implement changes and improve the Linux server infrastructure
* Take weekly trips to the datacenter (or as necessary) for routine inspection/checks of the hardware infrastructure
* Document solutions and support processes
* Perform other duties as assigned
* 3+ years of experience with Linux (RedHat/CentOS) engineering/administration/troubleshooting
* 2+ years of experience using Puppet to deploy software to Linux and Windows servers
* 3+ years of experience managing python environments using virtual environments
* 3+ years of experience with AWS cloud technologies (VPC, EC2 instances, S3) and cloud automation
* 3+ years of experience with scripting (Bash/perl/python and powershell)
* Work experience with build tools and compiling source code
* Work experience using source code control tools (Git/SVN)
* Work experience using Jenkins to automatically build C++, Java, .Net code
* Ability to work under pressure and deliver projects with short timelines
* Demonstrated ability to follow best practices and thoroughly document all work/projects
* Experience/familiarity with financial industry environments
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, apply today!
Genesis10 is a leading U.S. business and technology consulting firm with hundreds of clients needing proven talent and solutions to power their strategic initiatives. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement and project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at www.genesis10.com "Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V"
Start Date: 02/15/2019