As the largest pure-play IT services provider serving the U.S. government sector, CSRA is where you can come to be successful. Join a collaborative team, solving customer issues and accessing an array of resources for your success. Take advantage of tremendous opportunities as you help us chart our path to industry leadership, and tap into our collective 90+ year heritage. With combined FY15 revenues of approximately $5.5 billion and nearly 19,000 employees, CSRA represents the coming together - figuratively and literally - of two outstanding companies: the North American Public Sector business of CSC and SRA. Join us and watch your career take flight.Is Cyber Security your niche? Well this just may be the job for you! The National Cyber Security Protection System (NCPS) is an integrated system of intrusion detection, analytics, intrusion prevention, and information sharing capabilities that are used to defend the Federal Executive Branch’s IT infrastructure from cyber threats. NCPS is housed within the Network Security Deployment (NSD) Division of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
CSRA provides NSD with operations and maintenance support to sustain NCPS cyber security capabilities.
We are currently seeking an experienced Linux Engineer with hands on knowledge of Red Hat in Arlington, VA. This position requires candidate to have an active Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility.
- Perform the installation, configuration, administration, and maintenance of Red Hat Linux systems according to existing standards in a virtualized environment.
- Design and develop complex, integrated solutions to meet business requirements or enhance performance.
- Perform regularly scheduled software maintenance and security patching.
- Perform installation of custom developed applications in a virtual server environment.
- Develop documentation; oversee implementation of same.
- Develop and maintain STIG’d Images and templates for servers.
- Provide technical leadership to less experienced personnel.
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, evaluates alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems.
- Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Is this role the step in your career?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and 7+ years experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Red Hat Linux ver. 6.x
- System hardening, vulnerability remediation, and DISA STIGs,
- Scripting skills (e.g., Perl, Python, shell, BASH scripting)
- Network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, SSH)
- VMWare 6
It would be great if you also had:
- Knowledge and experience with any of the following
- Apache, TomCat
- Puppet/Satellite Server
- Nagios/Ops View
- Big Data Solutions (IBM PureData/Netezza, Big Insights)
- RHEL 7
Additional skills and/or certifications:
- Strong communication skills to communicate systems requirements with customers and team members.
- Strong organization skills to prioritize work, while balancing and leading complex projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Flexibility to work in a high-paced, evolving environment.
CSRA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.