Linux Hadoop Admin
Woodlawn (Baltimore) MD
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline (not required) if you have equivalent experience with 11 years of professional IT experience, or related Master Degree with 9 years specific experience.
Our client is seeking a Linux Administrator with Hadoop Administration experience. Key responsibilities may include the following:
• Design and implement data storage, schema and partition system as appropriate to Hadoop and related technologies like Hbase, Hive and Pig.
• Identify, assess, and recommend appropriate solutions to advice customer on cluster requirements and any limitations by applying industry best-practices and expertise regarding emerging technologies, risk mitigation, and continuity planning to address back-up and recovery.
• Provide enterprise-level information technology recommendations and solutions in support of customer requirements.
• Use customer defined data sources and prototype processes to satisfy proof of concept.
• Develop design patterns for specific data processing jobs.
• Test various scenarios for optimized cluster performance and reporting.
• Prepare and deliver presentations to communicate deployment process for the proof of concept.
• Serve as a point of contact between internal and external customers and program management.
• Ensure accurate documentation of technical specifications.
1651 Old Meadow Rd, Suite 205 McLean, VA, 22102