Business Operational Concepts (BOC) is a recognized leader in providing Technical and Program Management Services, Information Technology, and Support.
BOC has enabled their Government and Commercial clients to achieve their organizational initiatives through the application of high quality, innovative, and cost effective professional services and solutions. We provide a positive working environment, with opportunities for advancement in our growing Federal sector workforce.
We offer an excellent compensation package which includes a generous salary, insurance (medical, dental, etc.), paid leave, 401k plan and more. We are committed to the diversity we bring to the marketplace and believe customer satisfaction comes first.
Business Operational Concepts (BOC) is currently seeking a Linux Server Infrastructure Administrator to work with our government client.
The ideal candidate will provide day-to-day operational services supporting server infrastructure, facilities, hardware, software, and systems. Handles routine aspects of server administration for Linux and VMware View which including monitoring of CPU/Disk, maintenance, troubleshooting, hardware/software installation, and system documentation all on a RHEL platform.
* Support development; operations and maintenance; engineering and architecture design; integration; and testing services of Linux Server Environment for physical and virtual servers.
* Perform ongoing maintenance and troubleshooting of servers and applications to ensure their ongoing availability, stability, and compliance with standards and security requirements
* Administer, run, and maintain clients Linux server infrastructure in production, dev and test environments.
* Familiarity with HP Enterprise servers and Storage.
* Contribute to the design and implementation of disaster recovery plans for servers.
* Work ticket queues and document resolutions completely and accurately.
* Provides technology related recommendations, implementations and upgrades.
* Documents of various environment(s) and developing related documents as needed.
* Strong customer relations
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong Analytical Skills
* Excellent organization and planning skills
* Ability to understand and troubleshoot technical problems
* RHEL administration out of a BASH shell
* Shell scripting experience
* VMWare vSphere administrative experience
* Ability to design, build, implement, and deploy datacenter systems, software applications, and hardware as directed
* Ability to author Change Requests in a professional manner.
* Backup and disaster recovery technologies
* Anti-Virus implementation and monitoring
* Familiarity with Ansible playbooks and Ansible Tower preferred.
* Knowledge of Red Hat Open Shift preferred. Willingness to become certified after hire at BOC expense may be required on job offer.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent post high school education, military and/or work related experience.
* Minimum of 3+ years of Server IT support/administration experience on RHEL.
Public Trust or the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance. (Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Accordingly, U.S. Citizenship is required.)