ECS is a federal contractor. As such, we are subject an Executive Order requiring all employees of federal contractors to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Therefore, by applying for this position, you understand that you will be required to verify that you have been, or will be, fully vaccinated by December 8, or to verify that you cannot be vaccinated due to a legally recognized exception to the vaccine mandate set forth in the Executive Order. Note: An individual is not considered to be fully vaccinated until two weeks after receiving the second vaccine dosage in a vaccine regimen involving two vaccines.
ECS is seeking a Linux Support Technician
to work in our office in Albuquerque, NM. Job Description:
We are looking for a Linux Support Technician. The operating systems supported include approved and authorized versions of MS Windows, MacOS, and Linux (RHEL, Ubuntu). The hardware supported includes laptops, desktops, thin/zero clients running desktop-as-a-service (DaaS), virtual-desktop infrastructure, and associated peripheral devices. Responsibilities:
- Install, troubleshoot, repair and upgrade Windows, Linux and UNIX operating systems.
- Provide prompt initial response to all assigned service requests, ensuring the standard performance requirement is met-or-exceeded.
- Responsibilities also include configuring, installing, & managing endpoint computing system applications & troubleshooting user problems in an ITIL service oriented environment, as well as documenting current team procedures & system configurations & maintaining the team documentation library & change management schedules.
- Troubleshoot the system problem & complete repair in a timely & efficient manner, insuring minimal recurrence of problem (rework)
- If unable to repair on initial visit, validate the user's problem & provide information on a temporary work around, if necessary to allow the customer to continue to work, until the system is repaired
- Effectively use remote assistant tools, knowledge base, & other tools to diagnose and repair customer issues within target time limits
- Provide customer with regular communication regarding status of repair/install including notification when repairs are complete
- Communicate with customer appropriate advice & techniques to avoid future incidents of a similar nature.
- Appropriately document all required information into the call tracking system
- Ensure system is appropriately secured (case is locked, system password protected, etc.)
- Complete site specific preventative maintenance checklist
- Escalate the service request to the appropriate IT support for resolution if problem cannot be handled within provided time constraints
- Meet required productivity expectations, including Technology Services metrics
- Meet all performance service level targets
- Make every attempt, when appropriate, to resolve service requests remotely.
- Partner with team members to communicate new solutions & assist other technicians when call volume is low
- Contribute to the knowledgebase through research of articles, training courses attended, on the job learning, etc.
- Participate in IT projects
- Achieve & maintain knowledge of all applicable site procedures
- Exercise appropriate workflow & time management
- U.S. Citizen and must have an ability to obtain and maintain a DOE L level clearance. An active DOE L or DoD Secret clearance a plus.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Dept. of Energy Q Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Experience with Linux and UNIX operating system(s).
- Experience troubleshooting and fixing Linux operating systems.
- Skilled in working with computer hardware.
- Experience in configuring, installing, & managing endpoint computing system applications.
- Formal customer service & technical training will be required.
- Three+ years of demonstrated PC support, diagnostic/troubleshooting & repair experience, including a extensive working knowledge of PC operations including hardware, operating systems & network settings.
- Proven experience of having provided the highest quality of customer service in a fast-paced IT service environment.
- Experience with equipment & software installation & upgrades.
- Due to the nature of the work & its location, U.S. Citizenship is required.
- IT Certifications to include CompTIA, Red Hat, Microsoft or Apple Certifications.
- Examples include: A+, Server+, Network+, MCSA, MCITP, ACSP, CCA, etc.
- Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, etc.
- Experience working in an IT service operation using ITIL best practices and/or ISO 2900 quality management system. Familiar/Experience in endpoint system troubleshooting in an ITIL service-oriented environment.
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting MS Windows Operating Systems
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.